Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) June Fish-In (Read 11146 times)
2000subaru
Ex Member

June Fish-In
06/05/08 at 03:10:22
Quote Print Post  
Just looking for some preliminary information..... Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: June Fish-In
Reply #1 - 06/05/08 at 04:02:28
Quote Print Post  
Next up is a special edition...thust-ly a special date!!

June 14th 2008 at Lake Tapps and we will be fishing with the N.W. Tiger Pac, Musky International Chapter #57 Tiger Muskie Club! It is recommended that you bring Braided line and see Auburn Sports and Marine for some bait ideas....Mark Wells recommended some in-line spinners but they should have some rigs to experiment with....bring heavy flipping sticks!!! I will have a few of them for those who do not.....if you have and extra please bring it along.

We will meet them at the launch at 6:30 am and pair up for some great mix 'em up fishing and see what the other side has to offer!! OH...did I forget to say that Tapps has some huge Smallies!!!

Breakfast at 5AM at the Sharis In Bonney Lake.....20805 Hwy 410.....Map Hope to see ya there!!

Here is some directions to the launch.......
Directions:

From SR 167 follow SR 410 through Sumner.
Take the 166th Ave East exit and head north (left) on 166th.
Stay on Sumner Tapps Hwy as it bends east (right) and turns into 16th St. East. Then it will bend north and turn into 182nd Ave E.
Turn right on 9th Street East which bends gradually and turns into 12th St. East.
Turn right on 198th Ave East and go approximately 1 block to park entrance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/08 at 06:48:20
Quote Print Post  
I might be spreading rumors, but if you get into the county launch before 7am then you can launch for free.  I believe that they have opened up early for the fishing folks,  I know that Dilbert and Mark Wells can often be seen screaming out of the launch at 6:05 any nice weekend.  Larry-  I'll take you up on a flipping stick!!!!!  I know some muskie hiding spots  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 06/05/08 at 12:42:56
Quote Print Post  
I'm all giddy about this one.  Maybe it's because of the Father’s Day Weekend special ALL DAY kitchen pass I have received... who knows... but I can't wait. 

Be sure to thank Mark and the Tiger Pac folks for working with the county park folks to set up that special early bird special launch arrangement for us anglers.

I hear we're having Musky fritters for lunch Smiley

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 06/05/08 at 12:49:28
Quote Print Post  
I have a reel all spooled up with 50lb power pro, some 125lb fluorocarbon leaders, and some huge Muskie baits... but my musky rod met an early demise on the last trip.  Any recommendations for a nice (and economically priced) dual purpose musky slayer/flipping stick?

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/05/08 at 23:13:27
Quote Print Post  
i tried to tail a musky just the other day there and the best part was it wasnt hooked  Shocked.  the story is too confusing to explain in text, but it was crazy! 

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/06/08 at 00:16:02
Quote Print Post  
If hooked wrong Muskies will cut braid like a knife cuts butter. Been there done that. Now I use wire leaders.

Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 06/06/08 at 01:02:02
Quote Print Post  
I only been on Tapps to water ski years ago  Roll Eyes but I know one thing, you won't see me throwing a pricy soft plastic swimbait out there.  Have fun to those who go.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 06/06/08 at 03:50:30
Quote Print Post  
Will the equipment to have a scale certified be at the June Fish-in?  I didn't make it to the last meeting and I'll be out of town for the next one  Sad

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 06/06/08 at 19:03:13
Quote Print Post  
Will see about the scale...have to get it from Angie but they are at Potholes this weekend.
How about a headcount???
I will be there......
(1)

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #10 - 06/06/08 at 19:17:53
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there along with 2000Subaru.

IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - 06/06/08 at 20:00:50
Quote Print Post  
I will be there.

No more work travel for the rest of the summer!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #12 - 06/07/08 at 01:48:55
Quote Print Post  
Beleive I'm #5

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #13 - 06/07/08 at 22:45:39
Quote Print Post  
Henry caught a 21-04 muskie on a 4" zoom curly tail worm using 6lb test. I am still amazed that he was able to bring the fish in! I have had them, like Russ said, cut line like a hot knife through butter. I need to put the picture on here.

By the way muskies have sharp things in their gills for anyone who does not know. We were both bleeding. I'm not the brightest sometime Grin

I will be out fishing for Halibut and Black Bass at Neah Bay that weekend. Have fun and watch out for STUMPS!

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/07/08 at 23:54:46
Quote Print Post  
I'll be on Lake Chelan with a client sticking smallie toads during the day and sticking "Wapatoads" in the evening at Lake Wapato.

Russ
« Last Edit: 06/10/08 at 03:52:52 by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo