Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fat lady (Read 4443 times)
Matt H
Ex Member

Fat lady
05/30/08 at 21:12:26
Quote Print Post  
I have been seing some fat ladys latley. they have been real tight lipped though any tips.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Fat lady
Reply #1 - 05/30/08 at 21:28:23
Quote Print Post  
If a Senko does'nt work try a Jig....repeatedly throw it into and out of the nest or in front of the fish....dont let her react before you pull it out...do this 8-10 times and then flip it in and leave it.
If by flipping it in and retreaving it got her to get ansy and do figure 8s around the area this should get her to go but might require you do it repeatedly and maybe even change colors.
Bluegill will often use pack tactics to feed on nests...one fish distracts while others feed......this mimics that action.

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/08 at 21:35:03
Quote Print Post  
Thanks larry you D man. Nice job at the holes. Hopfully I can fish the next one.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/08 at 22:15:22
Quote Print Post  
Matt,

Weightless brush hogs do the trick.

Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 05/30/08 at 22:19:43
Quote Print Post  
Only got a couple bed fish so far, but I couldn't buy a strike unless it was on a dropshot.  They just would not take it off the bottom.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #5 - 05/30/08 at 22:27:12
Quote Print Post  
I second the drop shot!  I like a sand colored bolt grub which is easy to see and you can get right in her face.
Ray

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #6 - 05/31/08 at 01:19:12
Quote Print Post  
Strike King bleeding tubes or 3x lizards works for me.  Dropshot is great for the smallies.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/31/08 at 02:27:51
Quote Print Post  
Ditto what Larry said... That trick is da bomb.

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/31/08 at 05:05:09
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the help Tried the 3x lizzard she looked ,senko, sniper craw, 4inch senko I will try the brush hog. She is not holding on a bed just crusing around it. My bro hoked the male a little deep so i bit it off is that going to hurt me he did not bleed. Does Anyone know exactly what one needs to do to get a fish officially weiged.
Thanks -Matt.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 05/31/08 at 13:10:15
Quote Print Post  
To remove a hook that a fish has swallowed, follow these directions.  It works!!
http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1128002349/22#22

If you think you're going to catch a record-breaking fish, then you need to be prepared for air-tight certification.  Here's a few articles from a trophy bass hunter to help you out:
http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/certify.html
http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/be_prepared.html
http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/Record_fish.html

That would be awesome if you broke the record!  It's been standing for over 30 years.  Shocked

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #10 - 06/02/08 at 02:17:17
Quote Print Post  
As far as how to make them bite, if all else fails down size to a sinper j-fac craw in a green pumkin with a 2/0 G-lock and a 1/16 bullet, a slow stop and go crawl through there bed works wonders! Ask Bree! Cheesy
By the way, nice artical in hunting / fishing news!

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/05/08 at 04:42:51
Quote Print Post  
Thank you sir thanks for the tips.

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/06/08 at 23:31:50
Quote Print Post  
Hey if all else fails try something really wierd. Like roll a spinner bait up to the nest and just let it fall in the nest. keep it there for a long time. When you think it has been in there long enough leave it there a few minutes more. Don't even move it. Then just shake it a bit and see what she does. Sometimes really abstract things like that work with those wise old gals that have seen all those normal tactics. I once caught a large female from a nest that would not take a thing I had thrown at her. Then I threw a bare red treble hook in her bed. That pissed her off and she jumped all over it. I thought it to be strange but you just never know..............

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #13 - 06/07/08 at 20:46:34
Quote Print Post  
I have also heard that BIG Jerkbaits work by letting them sink on the bed? Never tried it but I guess anything could work at one time or another.

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo