Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Larrys Vacation. (Read 4760 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Larrys Vacation.
05/30/08 at 18:06:31
Quote Print Post  
Yes...another Vacation has come and gone and I am happy to report my arms are sore from reefing so many fish...(Even though the Jamborree totals dont show it!) to the boat and I am fully Lobster-Ized from falling asleep in the punchbowl while suffering from a Sardine induced coma!
Had two days where I caught over 30 fish in the 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 pound class of both Largemouth and Smallmouth. Jose....next time I get in a rut...tell me to go to the Punchbowl or Osborne Bay as alot of the smallies were 14 inchers!!
Fantastic time thanks to the folks at Coulee Playland and Thanks to all who were there for Jamborree and beyond as that is always an awesome time. If you have never gone that is the event to make it to as the pressure is low but the chance to see all the different boats and folks you have not seen in a while is priceless. Got to see Frank Change and Marge, Ron Millik stopped in for some Walleye as he is retired now, Of course Les and Wanda Pickles let me hang out at they're motel room for a spell, Dave and Vange Altier keep the store moving and my girls Delores and Debbie are always there for a hug and some conversation. Yes, Hal and the Gang are a class act and it is no wonder why every trip I take there I bump into another club member or make a new friend I see year after year. Here is a Lil' slideshow of some of the sights and hope to see more of ya out there!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Larrys Vacation.
Reply #1 - 05/30/08 at 18:57:12
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Great slide show. It makes me jealous and wanting to be there.

You lucky dog,

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 05/30/08 at 19:02:53
Quote Print Post  
It looks like thing really picked up after O.D. made me take him home Larry.  Dang it!  I knew it would. Undecided

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/08 at 22:24:22
Quote Print Post  
Thats more fish than I've caught all year !   Grin   Great slideshow Larry.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #4 - 05/30/08 at 23:54:49
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Awesome!!!  It is truly Gods country. 

Marc

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/31/08 at 00:09:59
Quote Print Post  
Hey Larry,
  Who was that skinny guy in all those pictures??????

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/31/08 at 02:05:54
Quote Print Post  
Larry, great slideshow. really wish I could have made it to the Jamboree...... hoping to fix a trip once the Nitro is back up and running. Nancy and I are gonna fish the Jack'n'Jill.....

Great fish!!!

Faz

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/31/08 at 02:33:20
Quote Print Post  
I'm jealous every year, Sullivan! Awesome pictures!!! You caught some nice fish. Ooooh - I know the Bay of Pigs, I know that spot. Wish I was there right now.

Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 05/31/08 at 02:51:17
Quote Print Post  
It was so hard to come back......every year it gets harder.
I had five rods needing some sort of repair............
Yes....I had a few tirades during the tournament........so needed to get back so I'd have them ready for Riffe.
Once the tournies are over is when I seem to just relax and fish the way I'm supposed to........must be a choke factor to that danged Jamborree!

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/01/08 at 22:05:35
Quote Print Post  
Nice fish Larry....Now didn't you learn from last year....NO TIRADES....Remember the reel you sent to deeper waters?   Breathe in, Breathe out......R E L A X.......

Anyway, good luck and continue to have fun.  Your definately a competitor..  Are you a distant relative to maybe ....IKE?  No dancing though......         

HA HA,

Chuck P

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #10 - 06/02/08 at 01:06:26
Quote Print Post  
Dude, way to be.... Cheesy  Nice show, it was enough to being me back for a couple min. Wink I have to remember to do something like that for a keepsake for the kids . Roll Eyes

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo