Normal Topic How do you guys D-shot (Read 3133 times)
Casey
Ex Member

How do you guys D-shot
04/23/08 at 23:05:08
Quote Print Post  
Hey well this a new technique to me pretty much and just wanted to know what you guys do? or have any tips and what not. i like to sit there and shake it and set it still then move it slightly and then a drag. and i just kinda mix it up.

thanks, Casey

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: How do you guys D-shot
Reply #1 - 04/24/08 at 00:01:39
Quote Print Post  
well i'm not much of a vertical fisherman so i "dropswim" as some call it.  cast out like you do if your throwing a tube let it sink to the bottom and kinda swim it back to the boat.  i usually mix it up between shaking it wihtout moving it and shaking it while moving.  almost all the fish i catch eat it as it falls on slack line then when you pick it back up its just heavier and fish on.  i believe this allows you to cover more water than just shaking your bait.  if i'm fishing something isolated like dock pilings, stumps, and even rockpiles i will slow down and move the bait less with more shaking  Smiley.  makes sense in my head not sure how it sounds on paper though. 

troy

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/24/08 at 04:57:39
Quote Print Post  
I have to agree with Troy on this one.  I pretty much use the "Drop-swim" to cover a good ammount of water.  Let it fall, shake it a little, lift the rod to swim it a short distance, then let it settle.  Repeat whatever your desired distance.  Usually pretty productive for me.

IP Logged

Casey
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/24/08 at 05:05:17
Quote Print Post  
yeah i guess you could say thats some where along the line a fish it as well. worked for me the 1 time i used it.

Casey

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #4 - 04/24/08 at 05:16:28
Quote Print Post  
In open water, 6lb.test floroclear 12" off the bottom with a #2 gammi. dropshot hook. Quiet entry, whatch the line as it falls for "extra movement" let it sit for a second then drag it for a foot or so pop it up off the bottom then drag it again. The bite usally happens on the fall or right after the 1st or 2nd pop. Try sticking with baits that won't twist your line when they fall, it will make the experience "better". A lot of the bites are just a tick then lite pressure. Consintrate on the edges of the structure if you find yourself hanging up alot. Wink Cool

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Casey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/28/08 at 01:24:25
Quote Print Post  
well i got it figured out now Grincaught all my fish on it this weekend on the Willy (Willamete River) in my Oregon State Federation Junior Bassmaster Tournament. but i live in Washington lol.

Casey

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo