Normal Topic Sprague Lake re-stocking (Read 2190 times)
BBQpro
Ex Member

Sprague Lake re-stocking
04/17/08 at 17:31:19
Quote Print Post  
Hi all,

Ran across a Sprague Lake blurb in the WDFW Weekender Report that I thought people might be interested in:

Year-round Sprague Lake has been receiving fish along with many of the lakes that open this month.  Sprague had been without fish since last October's rotenone treatment to rehabilitate the declining fishery. Now Sprague has about 160,000 catchable-size rainbows, including over 3,200 triploid rainbows up to 1.5 pounds. Cow Lake, which was also treated last fall as part of the Sprague Lake watershed, received about 6,000 one-third-pound rainbows. Later this spring, broodstock largemouth bass, bluegill and crappie captured from other Washington waters will be stocked. About 4,000 black crappie and at least 60 channel catfish that were collected from Sprague Lake before last fall's treatment also will be returned this spring.  Juvenile warmwater fish species from the Meseberg Hatchery - about 100,000 bluegill , 14,000 largemouth bass and 2,000 crappie - will also be stocked.

Chris

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Sprague Lake re-stocking
Reply #1 - 04/17/08 at 17:45:00
Quote Print Post  
Cool, thanks ! 
Hey BBQ, did they really kill off Blue lake of bass, if anyone knows I bet you do.  I read about it in F&HN.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/17/08 at 22:12:00
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris did they not put in your favorite fish- Carp!!!!

Come on dough balls!!!!!!!

Russ

IP Logged

BBQpro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/08 at 00:12:06
Quote Print Post  
Hi Chris,

If you're talking about the Blue Lake in Okanogan County, I found this link:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=jun2707a

but I didn't hear any final word. Usually the recommendations follow through. I don't know about the Blue Lake on the way to Banks Lake, but I know it has been rotenoned regularly in the past. This link contains some more information from a little over a decade ago:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=oct1096c

Can you believe they didn't put carp back into Sprague Lake, Russ?!?!?! What were they thinking!!!???  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo