Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Bassmaster Classic (Pics) (Read 10744 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Bassmaster Classic (Pics)
Reply #15 - 02/22/08 at 19:31:36
Quote Print Post  
Their testing and running the video feeds on bassmaster.com for the weigh ins of both the WBT and the Classic.
you have to sign up for bass-insider and they offer a free 30 day trial too. also they will be broadcasting the full weigh-in at 4 AM Sat.

f  i   s  h  i   n  g     a   l  l    w   e  e  k  e  n  d....... Grin

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #16 - 02/23/08 at 02:24:14
Quote Print Post  
Here's some random shots I took from today's weigh-in and press conference (apologies for the watermark, but it's necessary).

Here's Bonnie watching the weigh-in:

And here's a video clip (be patient, it takes a few mins to load):
http://www.bassresource.com/Bass/Fishing/classic-interview.wmv

And this one too (be patient, it takes a few mins to load):

http://www.bassresource.com/Bass/Fishing/ImonBR1.wmv

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 02/23/08 at 03:32:52
Quote Print Post  
Dude - That is freaking amazing stuff.  Thanks for taking us along.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/23/08 at 05:12:33
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,  Your really spoiling us, but don't stop.. this has to be the coolest thing I've experienced in a long time....really nice job your doing.......

Keep it going...

Chuck P

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #19 - 02/23/08 at 05:33:37
Quote Print Post  
Man!! I had to take a 4 hr nap! just watched the weigh-in on video feed for the WBT championship and the Classic (12:30-5:30) and they did a much better job than past years....just missed the on the water footage were used to on a broadcast! Great stuff Glenn.....must be so cool to hear guys come off the water and tell their stories!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #20 - 02/23/08 at 05:56:22
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for all your responses guys.  I'm not trying to brag, so I apologize if it comes across that way.  Just trying to convey the excitement in the air.  It's also very cool just being here, and I'm hoping to give you a feel for it.  For example,  KVD's room is just 2 doors away from mine.  In fact, it's all pros on my floor in the hotel, so often I'm riding the elevators with somebody y'all know.  It's surreal to be sure.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 02/23/08 at 06:02:53
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,

We love every report - and we appreciate you sharing it with us!

Stu

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 02/23/08 at 06:11:34
Quote Print Post  
I can't imagine the overwhelming excitement and atmosphere it must be like there.  Thanks for all the inside scoop your giving us Glenn.  I appreciate your efforts to give us a little taste of what it must be like.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 02/23/08 at 15:48:32
Quote Print Post  
Watching the ESPN footage this morning.  Did anybody else see Ike SPIT  Sad on camera after catching that fish?  I would like to fish slap the smack talk right outta that guy sometimes.  I thought it was disgusting.  Maybe he should grab himself next time as well.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #24 - 02/23/08 at 20:24:39
Quote Print Post  
It's very cool that the anglers get to use their own boats this year....have'nt seen a Triton ad at all though! Must be mad or something!
And the reason My Man Timmy Horton is not doing well.....he is not in his ProCraft....He gave in to the corporate NITRO GUYS!!

ITS ALL YOU FAULT MARK MADEROS!!!

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #25 - 02/23/08 at 20:50:12
Quote Print Post  
You know I have to admit. This is good stuff. This is a trip of a life time for some people and like somebody said earlier.... You get to write it off! WOW

Wished I could have been there.

Great Job Glen

Mike

Misunderstood

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 02/23/08 at 21:23:56
Quote Print Post  
It was the Rapunzal goldie locks that got shaved off for charity that has jinxed Timmy.  It couldn't possible be the boat Larry.

Mark

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #27 - 02/23/08 at 21:49:08
Quote Print Post  
Was it just my imagination or did they flash Ike up there at one point saying he was in 2nd place 21lb only 8oz out of lead Then at the weigh in he was 8th place with 18lb something What happen there???

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 02/23/08 at 23:54:51
Quote Print Post  
That's the spotters estimating what the fish weigh as he catches them and put's them in the livewell.  Same thing happened last year on day 2 with Tommy Biffle.  They estimated a 20+ bag that only weighed 17 at actual weigh-in.  That's what you get when you have fat bellied spots that look like they should be 4lbs and are only 3, and long skinny largies that don't weigh as much as they will in a month or so when they start fattening up.

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #29 - 02/24/08 at 02:06:19
Quote Print Post  
BassAholic wrote on 02/23/08 at 21:49:08:
Was it just my imagination or did they flash Ike up there at one point saying he was in 2nd place 21lb only 8oz out of lead Then at the weigh in he was 8th place with 18lb something What happen there???

I noticed that exact same thing.  Though I saw from the night before that he had 18-5, so I knew the 20 was way over estimated.  Good coverage so far, counting down the minutes to 7pm.  I'm not going to peek on Bassmaster.com until I see the coverage.  Cheesy
I saw Ike spit after screaming into that fishes face.  We all know how Ike acts, and he's in the Classic.  I thought it was the funniest thing I seen in months.  I love it !   Wink  I've only seen one episode where I thought Ike was over the top.

Glenn I love what you are doing !!!!  Keep it up.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo