Poll
Poll Question: What new lake to try this year?

« Created by: Larry S. on: 01/04/08 at 21:17:43 »
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New lakes! (Read 5598 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

New lakes!
01/04/08 at 21:17:43
Quote Print Post  
Just wanted to get your opinions on where to go for this years adventures......you can vote for multiple lakes and then offer up your own ideas!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: New lakes!
Reply #1 - 01/04/08 at 23:48:40
Quote Print Post  
i voted for that pend one  Grin however i'm talking the river part.  heard good things about that place in the spring.  Scootney sucks dont go there unless you hate your lower unit, oh ya fishing was bad when we went to.

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/05/08 at 00:19:02
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

I have heard as well that the river produces some monster bags.

The lake itself has some nice smallies in it as I experienced back in late July. Lots of rock piles,bridges,points, a million docks if you love skipping docks and the scenery is awesome. We stayed at a place just south of Sandpoint that had lots of boat parking it was called Sleep's cabins. It was right on the lake. Saw lots of white tails and turkey at the place I stayed.

Thats my vote. Its a solid 6+ hour drive. A few miles past that water park.

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/05/08 at 01:18:14
Quote Print Post  
Hitting both Couer D Alene and Clear lake both this  year.  Damn Im a lucky bastard.

mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 01/05/08 at 02:29:16
Quote Print Post  
Hey Russ....did you mean Courd'lene?
I think Troy was talking about the Pend O'rielle river and lake....just wonderin....

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/05/08 at 03:12:58
Quote Print Post  
One good thing about having a T in Idaho, is that we'd then have an "extra" here in WA. But getting a permit for out of state, and all those temporary licenses would be $$$ and a hassle. Somebody who goes over should do the research on those issues, plus camping, motels, launching, etc., and give the info to the Board.

I'll give you a tip...I went and did all the research and brought it to the club, recommending that we have a T at Chelan. It took three or four years to actually accomplish that, because of all the jackasses that didn't want to go anyplace new. I still haven't gotten you to have a T on the Columbia out of Brewster/Bridgeport.

But go ahead and give it a go. You'll soon give up, and wash your hands of it, like I did.  But C&R, anyway, Steve

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/05/08 at 03:47:06
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
One good thing about having a T in Idaho, is that we'd then have an "extra" here in WA. But getting a permit for out of state, and all those temporary licenses would be $$$ and a hassle. Somebody who goes over should do the research on those issues, plus camping, motels, launching, etc., and give the info to the Board.

I'll give you a tip...I went and did all the research and brought it to the club, recommending that we have a T at Chelan. It took three or four years to actually accomplish that, because of all the jackasses that didn't want to go anyplace new. I still haven't gotten you to have a T on the Columbia out of Brewster/Bridgeport.

But go ahead and give it a go. You'll soon give up, and wash your hands of it, like I did.  But C&R, anyway, Steve

The Columbia around Brewster/ Bridgeport is flat out awesome for pig smallmouth.  I grew up there and the fishing is awesome.  The nice thing about that stretch of river is there are literally a thousand spots to fish on the main river, and then you can go up the Okanagon and catch a ton of smallies too.  That place is awesome Wink  The Pend Oreille River is another fantastic fishery.  It does take a huge bag in the spring there to even contend.  A bonus is it is also a great pike fishery  so it is a real good place to take a family or just fun fish because of the quantity of fish in the system.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 01/05/08 at 04:35:35
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

No I meant the Pend Oreille lake and River is a good fishery.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 01/05/08 at 04:38:17
Quote Print Post  
Oh....and this is not as if for tournaments but just for fishin........ Grin

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #9 - 01/06/08 at 06:34:22
Quote Print Post  
I'm going to stay local and try Steilacom and Goodwin this year.  I might try the lower Columbia though.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/06/08 at 23:03:00
Quote Print Post  
WCCT - I want to try the Brewster area this year.  Tried it last year in late May for a day between fishing at Chelan and Banks.  I caught some fish, but it was my first try and it seemed to be sweet.  I will give it another go this year.  For new lakes, Pend Oreille River would be my choice.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #11 - 01/08/08 at 04:24:14
Quote Print Post  
Pardon my ingnorence, but where exactly is Brewster? Huh

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/08/08 at 04:42:33
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/09/08 at 04:06:46
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Hit'em all - except Scootney (way over rated).
Start at Palmer and Whitestone (great LG is Spring), head down to Brewster and hit the mouth of the Okanagon and then up to Rufus.
Quick night at Banks and off to Long Lake - fish it 2 days and then head up to Pend Orieile for 3 days.
Complete the loop by hitting Cour d'Alene, Silver (medical lake area) and maybe Pot Holes or Billy Clapp or Stan Coffin.
When are we going?!

June is a great month in N. East WA!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo