Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Best Cell Phone company? (Read 3430 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Best Cell Phone company?
01/03/08 at 05:13:15
Quote Print Post  
Looking at changing plans and wanted to know what everyones ideas were on the best cell phone company to deal with. Looking at coverage and overall costs. Can you use your phone at Banks Lake and get good reception? Or is better at Potholes?

Need some opinions please.

Russ

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Re: Best Cell Phone company?
Reply #1 - 01/03/08 at 05:26:21
Quote Print Post  
Russ,

I have used Verizon for the past 4 or 5 years and I have had no problems with them.

Now that I am in the middle of nowhere, Mo.  that is a different story. 

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 01/03/08 at 06:30:34
Quote Print Post  
It's good to see that you finally got somewhere. Smiley  Have ya had a chance to fish any since ya got there Marc?  Stockton Reservoir isn't very far.  Same with Truman Reservoir.

Smitty Wink

BTW, I use Verizon and have found that wherever I am in the US or MX it has usually worked for me.  Recently the service signal strength got stronger at Coulee Playland.  It's still a crapshoot when you get down to Steamboat.  It works pretty good all over at the "Holes".

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/03/08 at 19:01:42
Quote Print Post  
Verizon works well for me, too. Don't like the customer service, but the reception is good. It works at all the resorts on the lakes we fish. Like Smitty said, it's hit or miss out in the middle of the lakes, although I have seen an improvement at Potholes.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 01/03/08 at 19:37:38
Quote Print Post  
I have AT&T/Cingular.  I pay way too much a month, my service is ok, but not like others.  I had no service at Silver Lake  Angry  Had to borrow Mark M's phone haha.  Would not recommend Cingular.  I plan on switching to Verizon after my 2 yrs is up ( soon ).

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #5 - 01/03/08 at 20:07:32
Quote Print Post  
Sliver Lake is problematic (to say the least) Tongue with Verizon also.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/04/08 at 00:13:38
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the reply's. I have Sprint now and they suck. I just started looking around and really appreciate the responses regarding Verizon because that is who I am thinking of going with.

basspro

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #7 - 01/04/08 at 02:50:41
Quote Print Post  
Having fished all over the state, and worked and hunted deep in the woods, Verizon has been great all and all. I went through Go Wireless on S. hill (accross from the mall), The customer service is great and Verizons receptoin is the best I've come across. P.S. We did alot of research regarding reception and overall cost before getting one. hope this helps.....

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #8 - 01/04/08 at 03:15:57
Quote Print Post  
I used to have Verizon, but cancelled it now that I have a work phone.  Plus I keep on breaking my phones and go tired of getting a new one.  Verizon's service is great with CDMA and tri-band mode phones.  I have Nextel/Sprint now it sucks.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 01/04/08 at 05:22:05
Quote Print Post  
Do you guys get dropped calls?  I understand with ATT&T and Verizon you get dropped calls.

I have T-Mobile.  Great coverage, no dropped calls, cheaper than Verizon.  Ranked #1 in customer service by J.D. Powers for several years now.  Coverage is a little weak around Banks, but otherwise great coverage everywhere else.  With a myFaves plan, you get unlimited free calls to any 5 people, regardless of network.  No other carrier in our area has anything like it.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 01/04/08 at 05:46:16
Quote Print Post  
I'm a T-Mobile user, and have one of those programs where I can call anyone else on T-Mobile and it doesn't go against my minutes at all.  Otherwise my family would put me in the poorhouse.  But it's exactly like Glenn says - good coverage, no dropped calls, and economical.  There were several spots at Banks where I couldn't get any coverage, but it worked other places - so go figure.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/04/08 at 05:48:41
Quote Print Post  
Hmm,

Now I have to check out T-Mobil and Verizon. Thanks guys.
Bass

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 01/05/08 at 03:10:53
Quote Print Post  
Have Verizon, cancelled years ago my others due to coverage.  I use my cell 99% of the time for everything.  My bills are reasonable and it works all most everywhere, but like anything, a LARGE BOULDER (mountain) or being in a deep valley can be a pain for any service.  Our company switched to Verizon as it isn't blocked as much around military bases either.

Chuck P

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #13 - 01/05/08 at 04:26:51
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

I have not been able to go fishing Angry.  I have to get thing together here first.  I leave on Sunday to go to Maryland for a month.  So, as of right now it looks like I will not be able to for awhile and that sucks big time for me.  I have been to LOZ 3 or 4 times scouting around, but nothing serious. 

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo