Normal Topic Best spinnerbait?? (Read 2126 times)
jwerner
Ex Member

Best spinnerbait??
10/08/07 at 23:18:23
Quote Print Post  
I don't fish spinnerbaits too much and would like to commit on throwing them a bit more next year.  What are some opinions and why?  I'm not looking for answers like "white" , or "Colorado leaf" but am hoping for a deeper response focused on the quality of the bait, durability etc.

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Re: Best spinnerbait??
Reply #1 - 10/09/07 at 01:00:12
Quote Print Post  
I have been using the War Eagle spinnerbaits.  I love these baits Smiley  They are built well and run true.  They come in some nice colors also.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #2 - 10/09/07 at 01:17:27
Quote Print Post  
I like using Terminator's Stainless steel spinnerbaits.  They hold up pretty well and aren't too expensive.  I like the smallie color and at banks lake last year it was the Peacock (I think) that was hot.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/09/07 at 15:15:45
Quote Print Post  
I've been throwing spinnerbaits a lot more this year, and I really like the VPR Little Big Man. It is a 1/2 ounce spinnerbait with a compact body. It's really versatile because it has enough lift to buzz the surface, but is heavy and compact enough to slow roll effectively.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/10/07 at 14:44:49
Quote Print Post  
My personal favorite in the Terminator Heavy T.  It is a 3/4oz spinnerbait with a 1/2oz body.  It has the speed bead, so changing the blades is really easy to match what you want to do.  It's heavy so if you want to let it sink and fish it deeper it really gets down and stays down.  Also the alternative that I threw alot this year and had success with is a chatterbait.  I like it because you can actually skip the bait under stuff.  Takes practice but it is a very versatile alternative to a spinnerbait.  It also runs thru lilly pads much better than a spinnerbait.  Another favorite spinnerbait is the Nichols.  Hard to find in this area but worth ordering on line.  Heavy duty spinnerbait that can take a beating.  Unlike the Strike king spinnerbaits, whish seem to wear down quickly and break.  The strike kings do come in great colors and sizes, they just don't last real long.

Mark
« Last Edit: 10/10/07 at 16:03:22 by »  

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/10/07 at 18:11:39
Quote Print Post  
Terminators are junk-I have had 3 break on me. Just ask Dave Jarrel- he loves them to like I do.

The best spinnerbait is the one that catches fish and that you are confident in. I have caught more fish on homemade spinnerbaits than ones that come out of a package.

Russ

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #6 - 11/04/07 at 16:57:14
Quote Print Post  
While I do like the 3/8 T. terminator especially the blade design, I favor spro's spinnerbaits when I can find them. The Stanley elite is also a decent spinnerbait. Keep in mind there are very few that I fish without changing the skirts first. (Hint, hint....)  As far as duribility, the harder you work your bait the shorter the life it will have. (Burning it, Ripping it, ect.....)

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

topjimmy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/10/07 at 07:43:22
Quote Print Post  
I'll be back Coolneed I say more

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/08/07 at 02:42:47
Quote Print Post  
Bulldog. I hope they still make them. C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 12/08/07 at 03:40:08
Quote Print Post  
Strike King Premier Elite.......nuff said.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo