Normal Topic BASS pulls another boneheaded move (Read 1582 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

BASS pulls another boneheaded move
12/07/07 at 14:59:15
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone catch what BASS did this week to the Federation junior national qualifiers?
If you hadn't heard, all year (as they have for years) they have advertised that the State champions in each age category would get a ticket punched to the Jr World Championships held in conjunction with the Bass Master Classic. The kids were scheduled to participate in February 2008.  That's just 8 weeks away.
Well BASS, in all their infinite wisdom, decided that it was in the kids best interest to renig on their promise and canceled the event in February 2008 and moved it to November 2008 in conjunction with the Federation Nationals in Kansas. Shocked
Talk about destroying the dreams of our kids! Cry  I wonder if the kids whose 18th birthday occurs between February and November will be disallowed.  As I recall, the rules don't allow anyone under 18 to fish as a Jr Undecided.
I also imagine that some parents who have been planning to go and watch their kids compete will be pretty pi$$ed with having to cancel vacation plans and perhaps airline tickets. Angry  
I just got a renewal notice from BASS in the mail.  One of the things they stated was that I could save money by mailing my check back to them in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.  
You guessed it, no envelope. Huh  That small error just cemented my decision as to what my future with BASS is.

Smitty Wink

« Last Edit: 12/07/07 at 18:16:24 by DUNE HOPPER »  

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: BASS pulls another boneheaded move
Reply #1 - 12/07/07 at 17:40:00
Quote Print Post  
Those Bassterds

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/08/07 at 00:24:06
Quote Print Post  
I am courious as to whay they said they made that move. Does anyone know?

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/08/07 at 03:41:59
Quote Print Post  
It's just one more reason that BASS is on the decline.  You can't keep cutting and changing and just saying OH WELL, that's what it is, and expect people to just roll over and take it.  I'm really sorry for the kids and families that had things planned to go.  Maybe one day these money hungry new leaders will go back to the old ways and remember how good it feels to be needed.  After all, if people keep going away, someday it may also.  SHAME on BASS..............Hey,  MR BASS, your baby is failing and the reason......MONEY DRIVEN BOARD OF DIRECTORS....ESPN........................

No more a member either.............Good bye BASS.....

Chuck P

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 12/08/07 at 03:48:25
Quote Print Post  
Pretty soon we will be watching Bassmaters on Channel 3...The Ion Channel!   Angry...Hard enough to find good fishing shows!!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/13/07 at 01:17:44
Quote Print Post  
Quite possible a move made by the corporate big wigs as ESPN who now pull the BASS strings. 

Mark

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #6 - 12/13/07 at 03:03:45
Quote Print Post  
Folks were all over them on BFHP today,  Angryas well as in Scott Laney's column on "Bass Fan".

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/13/07 at 05:09:32
Quote Print Post  
i too used to be a big BASS fan, but the combination of with retarded moves like the one smitty stated and the whole federation deal i am definetely looking more in FLW's direction.  PLus FLW has their new western division series (which is coming back to wa in 08). 

troy

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo