Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Duck Lake (Read 3171 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Duck Lake
08/01/07 at 03:59:03
Quote Print Post  
We are heading to Ocean Shores for a long weekend and will be fishing Duck Lake on Friday and Saturday mornings. Never been there.

Advice?

Stu

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Duck Lake
Reply #1 - 08/01/07 at 04:46:42
Quote Print Post  
fished two small club tourneys here before both in june/july i think  Undecided.  spinnbaits were the dominant producers.  dont be afraid to run into the canals the main canal (grand canal) can be good at times.  regardless its a cool lake with lots of water to fish.

troy

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/01/07 at 07:45:38
Quote Print Post  
try skipping a Senko under docks and then deadsticking it for 5-10 minutes!!!! Ask Larry Sullivan about how he thrashed us all so badly that it took the combined weight of 2nd,  3rd and 4th place to catch him!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 08/01/07 at 12:21:58
Quote Print Post  
also dead sticking Senkos at the ends of docks and at the canal junctions can be productive. Black and Blue laminate in 4-5 inch.
Go Slay'em big guy! Grin

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 08/01/07 at 13:35:18
Quote Print Post  
Be very aware of the speed limits.  Not may areas that you can go on plane.  As for fishing spots, in the main lake there are two small islands.  The north and west ends of both islands have deep flats with a few scattered BIG rocks on them.  These flats can be worked with a mojo rig or jig and pig.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/01/07 at 15:08:35
Quote Print Post  
Go to the ajoining lake Menard, that's where all the big uns live.   Wink  See you there!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/01/07 at 22:09:03
Quote Print Post  
is that the lake that you go through the tunnel to get too?  love that little lake

troy

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #7 - 08/03/07 at 12:15:16
Quote Print Post  
Stu,
  At the entrance to the canals, right at the end of the main lake, there is a weed edge.  "Triangulate" yourself about 100 feet off both shores and you'll find the edge of the weeds.  Throw a bouy marker on that edge and move at to a casting distance and throw a chrome Rat-L-Trap.  This has been a dynamite bite after the morning bite dies.  As far as the morning bite goes, I have never seen a better spot in Washington for a buzz bait bite.  If you move in the entrance to the canal from the main lake and and fish the bay (where the canal branches right and left) and throw a buzz bait, you'll catch 'em.  Feel free to call me if you don't understand the directions.  BTW, Smitty is right!  Be very careful with the speed and make sure you park legally while you're there.  They are buttheads about that sort of thing over there.

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/03/07 at 15:36:19
Quote Print Post  
"Butthead's"???????  I love it.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/04/07 at 02:36:47
Quote Print Post  
Just got back from Duck.  DanM, Conner and I fished Thursday night and Friday morning.  Quite a few dinks and perch with one 3lb and 4 in the 2 to 2.5 range and a few more around the 1 to 1.5 lb range.  Spinnerbaits at dusk and senkos in the am.  Also Conner managed three fish by himself including a 2 lb 3 oz LM.  He was all over the spinning rod, wacky senko.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/06/07 at 03:44:37
Quote Print Post  
Thanks, everyone for the advice. We left Thursday AM, so i missed some of your messages. Sad

My brother in law, Trevor, and I fished the north end of the lake down to the first big bridge in the AM on Friday, and then the two bays just to the north of the islands later in the AM. Caught several dinks and Trevor caught several perch and crappie. He hooked into a bass that doubled his rod over, but he didn't get a good hookset and it shook loose. He has not fished much for bass, and the pull of that fish got him fired up. We went back out Saturday night from 7:30 - 10:00 pm and caught a few bass, but only up to about 1.5 lbs.

We used spinnernaits, blue/black senkos, a popper and a few other topwaters. Kind of disappointed in the size of the fish, but we had a good time.

Ran into Doug, Dan and Conner Friday AM.

On Saturday night, we pulled in to launch for the evening bite and a guy was pulling out a whire Cobra with blue markings. I asked the guy how long he had had the boat and he said 2-3 weeks. Then asked if he bought it at Gonnason's in Kent. He said yes, so I knew it was Mark M's old boat. Small world. Got him in touch with Mark because he had never had a bass boat before and had several questions.

Had a good time, but would like to go back down in the spring or fall when the bite is better.

Stu

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo