Normal Topic Long Lake (Read 1464 times)
Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Long Lake
07/04/07 at 01:02:47
Quote Print Post  
Long Lake, July 2nd

I took my best friend out on Long Lake in Thurston County for some fun. It was pretty much SLOW from 2-6PM. We went swimming for a while after catching a bunch of annoying rock bass. After flipping the mats of lilly pads for an hour with my 7'6 Lamiglas Flippin Stick, I worked along the bank flipping the outsides and swimming the Black and Blue Strike King (Wal-Mart Special) jig with a KGM Custom Baits Craw TRailer on 20 lb. test Gamma. I flipped to the outsides and as usual just started to reel in, swimming it back to the boat along the weedline, up from the deeper, darker water shoots this big white belly and slams my jig as I am swimming it. I was FREAKIN OUT!!! I have not caught a lunker yet this year and finally got one. The beauty was a healthy 7 lbs. 3 oz. and she had some SHOULDERS on her. As for the day whe caught a bunch of perch, rock bass and bluegill, but the only bass caught was mine, though my buddy lost one after it jumped, it was about a 1 1/2 pounder. 

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Long Lake
Reply #1 - 07/04/07 at 03:33:01
Quote Print Post  
NICE JOB NICK-MAN!!! Dang!! now I gotta get out!!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/04/07 at 06:28:25
Quote Print Post  
WOW, now that is a BIG fish.  Look at the belly on her  Cheesy  Nice job Nick !!

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 07/04/07 at 16:48:25
Quote Print Post  
Nice job  Wink I have yet to land a lunker this year also I am getting go at breaking them off . Nick if there are rock bass in there try a root beer color twin tail grub with a 1/4 to 1/2 oz football head & swim if fast.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo