Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) lower columbia launch site (Read 22559 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: lower columbia launch site
Reply #75 - 08/02/07 at 15:59:06
Quote Print Post  
Heck....if we would change anything then change the date so me and Chuck Pique can fish it!!!
That would give me a chance at AOY! Tongue

As usual this club will show up and kick some tail!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #76 - 08/06/07 at 01:17:22
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Ok guys and gals,
 Here it is,

Big Fir Campground and RV Park
http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=AoefHxNZj.vbXofqbZV1LaKHNcIF?id=37974134&sta...
 1 800 532 4397

They have individual sites and a group site.  I will reserve the group site.  It will hold 4 tents and rigs.  Maybe more.  They also have individual site at 17 bucks a night.  Call them early to get yours reserved.  It will be about 5 miles to get to the launch.

We will launch at the Port of Camas / Washougal
[url][/url]
         www.portcw.com
 Parker landing  
It is a big launch site with 4 lanes and plenty of parking for us.  Fee is $6   It will give us good access to all the fishing area's in the Portland area and make it easy for guys to run up river.  The thing about the Washougal flat is there is plenty of room for guys to fish and alot of good rock piles and sink holes on the flat.

For those who don't want to camp, there are plenty of good hotels across the river by the airport.  Any questions, give me a call

Mark

FYI - The distance between Big Fir and Camus launch is 26 miles.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #77 - 08/06/07 at 18:41:16
Quote Print Post  
Just seen that guys.  This is really weird.  When I originally pulled up the info on Big Fir campground, it showed up on Mapquest and being about 5 miles from the launch area.  Now, thru either bad mapquesting info or thru teleporting via a STAR TREK transportor, it's 20 miles away.  Geez, what a pain in the ass.  We can still choose to launch from the Vancouver launch we used a few years back.  It is about 6 miles closer.  Just got off the phone with the Big fir people.  They let me know that Google maps was wrong, and that it is in Ridgefield.  It would be approxiamately 15 miles to the Vancouver launch.  Not a problem in the morning with light traffic.  The afternoon commute might suck though.  This is the closest campground and launch.  Let me know what folks would like to do.

Mark

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #78 - 08/06/07 at 19:38:13
Quote Print Post  
Mark, lets go out of Vancouver and be done with it.  It's a decent launch and it's more of a central location.  I can't believe we're on page 6. Grin

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 08/06/07 at 21:57:30
Quote Print Post  
I agree with Terry...the launch in Vancouver is a nice central location and is bigger and much more user friendly for a weigh-in then the Camas/Washougal launch....heck, you can even pull up to the launch and order a meal...shooting for page 7

Bob

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 08/07/07 at 02:45:50
Quote Print Post  
Luckily, the meeting this month is on the 16th, well before the tourney, so we can all be in one place at once to finalize everything with Jim there.

Stu

IP Logged

Keri
WBC Member

Reply #81 - 08/07/07 at 04:26:22
Quote Print Post  
Now that things are getting set in stone (so to speak).  Can anyone tell me where the Vancouver Launch is located?

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #82 - 08/07/07 at 05:31:55
Quote Print Post  
From Seattle, Washington.

1.  Take I-5 South.
2.  At exit 1A, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto SR-14 [Lewis and Clark Hwy] (1 mi)
3.  At exit 1, turn RIGHT onto Ramp
4.  Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp
5.  Bear RIGHT (South) onto SE Columbia Way and go under the railroad tracks.
6.  After going under the railroad tracks, Turn LEFT to stay on SE Columbia Way (1.2 mi)
7.  Road name changes to SE Columbia Pky
8.  Bear RIGHT (South) onto SE Marine Park Way (0.5 mi)
9.  Arrive at Portco/Kaiser Ship Yards

If this is where we decide to launch from...

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 08/08/07 at 04:15:42
Quote Print Post  
Doug,
  Sounds great.  This is a great launch and will allow those that want to fish the Willamette area easy access.  Good luck to all.  Hopefully the 911 will be up and running.  Cheesy

Mark

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #84 - 08/08/07 at 04:21:33
Quote Print Post  
Page 7,  Page 7, anybody, page 7

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #85 - 08/09/07 at 00:18:04
Quote Print Post  
This is incredible seeing all this discussion regarding a stupid launch ramp. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I'm glad I am going to Lake Pend Oreille for that weekend. Grin

Just poking fun at you guys on this one trying for that page 7.

Russ

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 08/09/07 at 01:49:00
Quote Print Post  
I'm game...PAGE 7 (Or at least I tried ),  hope you guys knock em dead while Larry Sullivan and I are trying to win a BRAND NEW RANGER that weekend....Oh Larry,,Flip you for the winning ticket..........HA HA HA

Good Luck WBC......

Chuck P

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #87 - 08/09/07 at 04:14:25
Quote Print Post  
i think i'ma get a oregon liscense and see what is so special about the willamette since we are launching so close.  plan on gettin a limit by eightish and sturgeon swimbaiting all day anyway  Roll Eyes

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 08/09/07 at 15:41:08
Quote Print Post  
I like Troy's idea about the Sturgeon swim baiting. Now that would be a blast to hook one of those on a flipping stick.

The I would really be saying YeeeHaw.

Russ

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #89 - 08/12/07 at 03:04:09
Quote Print Post  
Well, there goes a weekend of pre-fishing at camas........ Undecided, no biggie, I can take some of the stuff as far as patterns with me.  If we are able to get this kind of stuff put in stone earlier for the coming years, and stand by it, I'm sure there will be a whole lot less pages discussing launching and other accomidations. Tongue

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo