Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) lower columbia launch site (Read 22573 times)
Troy
Ex Member

Re: lower columbia launch site
Reply #60 - 08/01/07 at 01:24:58
Quote Print Post  
glen, i'm not sure this would effect our area as much.  tourney says scapoose bay which would be quite a run up to the camas area.  i do see what you're saying though.  plus i would rather fish lower columbia then silver lake anyway  Tongue.   i was unaware that so many clubbers didnt want to fish this event to me it looks challenging but intriguing.

troy

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #61 - 08/01/07 at 02:31:54
Quote Print Post  
Ok, as far as the dangers of this body of water it's no different than tri-cities. I went down there last weekend to scope it out learn it a little and look for spots that may be problems so as to warn others about.  I saw the rocks, the barges, the current, the ski boats and sea dooers as well as some areas that went from 20ft to 15,10,3.  "thankfully it was sand...."  Long story short, when you come out of the shipping channels slow down and keep one eye on your graph.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #62 - 08/01/07 at 03:40:22
Quote Print Post  
Troy - the distance is roughly equivelant to the distance on Roosevelt between our launch site at the J&J and Keller's Ferry.  No doubt we'll be intertwined.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 08/01/07 at 04:02:09
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,
 Most guys fishing that event will run up the Willamette.  When 3/4 of the boats of the FLW qualifier run up the Willamette, I am sure that most guys who are going to run a little will run up there.  Trust me, there is PLENTY of good water to fish in the Camas / Washougal area.  Enough for everyone.  As to switching to Silver Lake in August,  Angry  Why do we keep bringing it up.  If people don't want to fish a tourney, that's their problem.  We voted on it, lets just fish it.

Mark

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #64 - 08/01/07 at 04:19:52
Quote Print Post  
Leave it alone.  Many of us have already made arrangement.  Having another tourney is no different than Washington, Sammamish or Banks on just about any given weekend.  If I remember right there was a lot of fuss some years back about Roosevelt and it's been on our venue ever since.  We need to give a fair shake I feel.  Whatever it is, I'll be there.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #65 - 08/01/07 at 04:57:43
Quote Print Post  
If you're unwilling to solve the problem, then don't complain about the low turnouts.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #66 - 08/01/07 at 05:05:25
Quote Print Post  
Mark - I HIGHLY doubt ANY of us voted on it with the full intent of fishing it on the same weekend of a charity tournament.  So the "we voted on it" argument doesn't hold water.

Guys & Gals - all I'm saying is I'm sick and tired of people whining about low turnouts. It  seems we're destined for a low turnout on this event, and so we have a chance to avoid it.  But it seems people would rather complain than do something about it.

So it's time to put up or shut up!  Angry

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 08/01/07 at 15:25:46
Quote Print Post  
Just my .02, but I mentioned the tournament in Scapoose on page three of this thread so its not really a new development.  It is a Oregon tournament so I don't know how anyone could have known about it anyway let alone back when we originally or secondly voted on it.  I still come back to if we are all about total participation then lets have ALL our tournaments on Washington or Sammamish.  Talk about crowded, Silver Lake on a August weekend...? Just curious who isn't fishing because of camping or dangerous water issues.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #68 - 08/01/07 at 16:05:23
Quote Print Post  
I'm fishing it with O.D. unless a certain family member's health condition turns worse that it currently is. 
O.D. is committed to this tourney, and has promised to use his nose to his best ability to "Put Dad on Fish". Roll Eyes  To that extent, he has been sniffing at my stack of fishing magazines a lot more.  I think it's his way of pre-fishin.  Smiley

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 08/01/07 at 16:58:19
Quote Print Post  
The columbia river isn't as dangerous as people make it sound. Use ccommon sense and slow down. When you get out of the shipping channels be careful. When a barge goes by watch for the wake. I've spent half my life during the summer down on the mouth of the river. You see people mess up and make mistakes and it's always from pure stupidity. If this turnout is cause for a low turnout because of another tourney and because people are scared of the river. Well then it's kind of cowardess in my opinion. I'd love to beable to attend this tournament. it'll be a challenge. It's the challenge of figuring out the bass that makes me love it so much. If I was all about just catching fish. i'd still be a trout fisherman. Just my 2 cent.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #70 - 08/01/07 at 18:34:58
Quote Print Post  
OK as much as I would like to fish Silver I would have to say that switching there is a bad choice.  August, especially towards the end of the month, is extremely crowded!  When I go there I get there at 5 in the morning and usually have only enough time to fish one spot before every spot on the lake is crawling with people.  By the time we would blast off I would assume that many of the best spots will be taken, it would be much worse than any compettition we are going to have with the boats out of scappoose bay.  Also Mark's right, I wouldn't expect many boats to venture past the willamette, and they're blasting off a good distance away from us.  As far as the water being dangerous I feel that even in a small lake like silver your more likely to get into trouble because of all the rock piles and pillings.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #71 - 08/01/07 at 19:40:59
Quote Print Post  
Looks like I stirred up a hornet's nest. Geesh, it’s like everyone forgot about the statement “Honestly, I really HATE to even bring this topic up, since it's been discussed before.... and I was looking forward to fishing it.”

As for Silver lake, it was mentioned in passing, that's it.  It could be any body of water.  The point being we could attract a larger turnout if we went to a different lake.

I think I agree that hey if people don’t want to fish it then that is their right.  I just wanted everyone to know we may have company - so don’t kill the messenger.  We plan to go and have fun doing it.  And I expect to hear NO complaints about the event afterwards. You had your chance to change venues, and opted to forge on.

I'll see all 8 of you there.  Wink

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 08/01/07 at 19:52:25
Quote Print Post  
Trophies for everyone!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 08/01/07 at 22:07:28
Quote Print Post  
at least when i hit stuff i'll only be going 35  Grin

troy

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 08/02/07 at 14:51:11
Quote Print Post  
KILL THE MESSENGER, KILL THE MESSENGER  Shocked,  Just kidding Glenn,  Hey I know it's about getting people to participate.  I think that those that do show up will have a great time, fishing will be better than people think and the river is not nearly as intimidating in that area as some might make it out to be.  On a different note, as some of you know, I crashed the "Bath Tub" during the Sammamish BASS qualifier.  Was told it would be a long time to get her fixed.  I just wanted to let everyone know that Gonnason's took care of me and moved my boat to the front of their sevice schedule and got their part done of fixing her up and she is now at the glass repair shop.  I am hoping to have her up and running for this tourney.

Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo