Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) lower columbia launch site (Read 22536 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: lower columbia launch site
Reply #45 - 07/11/07 at 00:11:31
Quote Print Post  
Oregon licenses are a moot point, unless someone applies for and gets an Oregon permit.  No one who fishs any of the Oregon trib's will be allowed to weigh any fish.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #46 - 07/11/07 at 03:58:05
Quote Print Post  
I bought mine (full year $61.00 non-resident) by faxing the printed form on the ODFW website...they took credit card and I had it in 6 days (holiday messed it up) since I wanted to pre-fish.....A waste of time!!! caught one smally..(5") and one Sculpin (6-1/2")
the current was fast and the wind was faster so feeling bottom was not an option. Better hit upstream of StHelens or I'm toast!  Tongue

IP Logged

shasts
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 07/11/07 at 19:29:02
Quote Print Post  
Doug,

Not looking for a hornets nest here, but unless the Oregon waters are offlimits, and I am not sure if thats what your saying, Oregon rules only require permits if:

"Pasted from the website"
Required for black bass fishing tournaments that have 50 or more participants or 25 or more participating boats. Sponsors must apply for permits at least 30 days prior to the event.

"Pasted from the website"

I doubt either of these criterion would be met based upon responses. Here's that link:

http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=license_seng&link_item_id=146...

Steve

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #48 - 07/11/07 at 19:32:43
Quote Print Post  
Thats a good point?   Wink

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 07/12/07 at 00:07:34
Quote Print Post  
Well now, if that's true we need Jim R. to reverse his original tournament policy that Oregon is off limits.  It was based on the premise that we would need a permit.

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 07/13/07 at 05:39:27
Quote Print Post  
Good choice on the launch site. Thanks.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 07/13/07 at 17:10:48
Quote Print Post  
As to the launch site.  I took in to consideration of some of our members having smaller boats with limited range.  From the Camas Washougal launch.  There is plenty of room out on the Washougal flat and plenty of fish there.  Also a guy could run to the mouth area of the Washougal river, ( 1 mile run) and fish in calmer slower current water if the main columbia is ripping with current.  Dont forget about fishing in some of the marina area's also.  They hold smallies, ( right Faz)   Wink

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #52 - 07/15/07 at 04:08:47
Quote Print Post  
Talked to the TBF (Wa. bass federation) tournament director and he stated it is not required to have an Oregon Permit but the license is required if fishing the Oregon tributaries or Sloughs...the tournament banner will be an attractant for the O.D.F.W. so have the license handy.
We fished our tourney today and there was no reported problems as several folks were contacted by officers for O.D.F.W.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #53 - 07/15/07 at 04:16:29
Quote Print Post  
Oh...again we are tragically reminded of the seriousness of our sport as one of our tourney boats today, became airborne off of a wave produced by a large car transport ship on the Columbia outside of St.Helens and the boat speared/knife-edged on impact injuring the driver (fractured one, possible three vertebrae) and concussed the co-angler...the boat was totalled and capsised. This is so much a reminder that when encountering these large vessels to get off plane, aim your bow into the wave and let it ride under you. This is supposed to be a fun sport lets all work to make it a fun and SAFE sport.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #54 - 07/15/07 at 05:06:11
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the heads up Larry.  We should be careful on any body of water.  Also, thanks for the update on the O'state licenses.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #55 - 07/19/07 at 16:57:01
Quote Print Post  
ok new guy here, where is the state line in the river? is it the the middle of the river? or is it the shipping lane?

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #56 - 07/19/07 at 19:19:49
Quote Print Post  
I'm not sure what exactly marks the state line on the river and I'm not sure if there is even a distinct thing that marks the border.  I do no that if you launch in washington and only have a washington license you can still fish all of the oregon shoreline as long as you dont go up a tributary and lose sight of the washington shoreline.  The salmon fisherman do this all the time along with the bass fisherman, so as long as your not venturing too far on the oregon side you dont need an oregon license.  Not sure that I really answered your question though????

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #57 - 07/20/07 at 01:28:46
Quote Print Post  
If stay on the main river it is shared water.  Tributaries on the Oregon side require Oregon license.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #58 - 07/21/07 at 00:26:42
Quote Print Post  
thanks guys that helps. i was looking at the washington side of my maps only.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #59 - 08/01/07 at 00:03:50
Quote Print Post  
Well crap, I really thought I'd be the last guy to bring this up, honest, but....  I just discovered that the Oregon Hawg Hunters is having an OPEN charity tournament on that same body of water during our tournament (http://www.oregonbassfederation.org/index.php?pg=10056 look for 8-25).  This means a lot more boats competing for the same spots.  These guys know the water better, so you can bet any areas you had in mind will be taken, or shared, by someone. Huh

In conversations I had with club members at the J&J, it seemed there was very little interest to fish the lower Columbia (even though I'm for it).  Reasons cited ranged anywhere from dangerous water and heavy boat traffic to poor fishing and camping conditions.  Other reasons were given, but I had the distinct impression not too many people wanted to fish it.  Despite it all, I still wanted to go.

Now that you hear about this tournament, I presume even less of you will be interested in going.

So.... Rumann suggested moving it to Silver lake, which I think might attract a larger turnout. 

Now, I know we all voted on the lakes, and it's getting late to change venue, but honestly, did anyone vote "yes" knowing there was a big charity tournament being held there at the same time? 

Honestly, I really HATE to even bring this topic up, since it's been discussed before.... and I was looking forward to fishing it.  BUT, with this new development, combined with the apparent lack of interest by the club members, I think we have an opportunity to avert a low-turnout situation.  Thoughts?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo