Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) lower columbia launch site (Read 22541 times)
Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: lower columbia launch site
Reply #15 - 06/21/07 at 16:31:39
Quote Print Post  
Although I'm not fishing this tournament but wish I was i have had two 3rd place finishes here in past ABA tournaments. The lower columbia is a great fishery and the water is no differnt than tricites in fact I personally think that a person who has never been on tricities could get them selfs in more trouble than in the lower columbia. If you have never been on the river do your self a big favor and learn the river markers as far as barge waves if you can see the barge than there will be a wave at some point just slow down and when the wave gets to you dont try to power the wave just slow down and let the boat ride over the wave as if you were in the ocean in big rollers. Just my two cents worth

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #16 - 06/21/07 at 21:49:51
Quote Print Post  
Bobby,
Methinks you've been hogpiled! Smiley Grin  

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

b_olson
Forum Member

Reply #17 - 06/21/07 at 23:19:13
Quote Print Post  
any one know what ramp we are using. i have never been there before.

IP Logged

Matt H
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/23/07 at 06:47:05
Quote Print Post  
There is a really really nice launch at ridgefield and about a mile of flat calm sleu for us small boat guys .  (My two cents) Does anyone know if we have any provisions that allow someone to trailer there boat to a differant loation in a torney.

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #19 - 06/23/07 at 19:34:55
Quote Print Post  
Matt, rules say you can trailer your boat from launch site,but you must return to weigh in by boat! look at tournament rules on the home page.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #20 - 07/04/07 at 22:39:02
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone heard if we have made a final decision yet about what ramp we're going to use?  I was just wondering so I could get down there and do some prefishing. Wink

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #21 - 07/05/07 at 20:06:10
Quote Print Post  
I was also wondering if anybody knew if the Willamette River was going to be off limits for the tournament since it's on the Oregon side.  There was some speculation but i thought if it was a tributary and everyone that fishes it has an Oregon liscense then we would be ok? Undecided Huh  Does anyone know for sure?

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/05/07 at 21:08:13
Quote Print Post  
In order to fishing the Williamette we would need to get an Oregon state permit.  Jim said he isn't interested in going through that hassle but opened it up to any member who would like to apply for one can.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 07/06/07 at 03:33:43
Quote Print Post  
Well I need to get a feeling from the members that will be fishing this tournament.  There isn't any camping (tents) areas available in the local area.  I have found some motels in the area and I am working on a deal with one.  In order to get a group rate we would need 10 confirmed rooms (2 queen beds).  Probably somewhere around $65 per night per room. Anyone RVing can still stay at the RV park.  The other option is moving the launch to Kalama where there is a campground.  Kalama would also be mostly a largemouth bite.  Anyway lets hear your thoughts.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #24 - 07/06/07 at 03:46:38
Quote Print Post  
Let's go where's there's camping.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #25 - 07/06/07 at 17:48:41
Quote Print Post  
Well there is definately still some smallie fishing out of Kalama, but if we launch farther down I think a lot more fish will be caught and it would be more fun to everyone fishing the tournament.  The advantages of launching out of the Kalama seem to be the camping and the largemouth bite, but that can be pretty hard to find.  Either way it sounds like fun to me and I'm ready to redeem my last couple of poor tournament finishes on Silver.  Wink  Who's all planning to fish this anyway?

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #26 - 07/06/07 at 18:51:33
Quote Print Post  
If Kalama means less chance or running a-ground, and such, I'm all for it.  Plus I'm reading there are green fish, always fun.  How big are barge wakes compared to Lake WA cruiser wakes???  Are they jumpable size?   Cheesy

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 07/06/07 at 18:59:26
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

Barge wakes are allways jumpable-It depends on how high your willing to fly Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #28 - 07/06/07 at 22:28:52
Quote Print Post  
Doug, Count the O'Day party in for the motel!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 07/07/07 at 07:54:46
Quote Print Post  
Kalama camping sounds good to me, although it depends on whether I get a backseat anyway.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo