Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Riffe Lake (Read 4745 times)
Daryl
Forum Member

Riffe Lake
06/03/07 at 15:56:36
Quote Print Post  
Went out yesterday and caught 30 to 40, 10" to 12" fish. I did manage too catch  3 fish over 3 lbs. I targeted stumps to catch fish. I pitched a hulla grub most of the day. I did drag with no results. The fish still have not spawned yet. The water temp at the west end of the lake is 62 degrees, but the east end heading towards the cowitz river was 56 degrees.

The water is way low. They filled it up and then dropped it again. The island is about 4ft under the water. All of the flats are out of the water. But you can put in at the new low water ramp at the east end. The ramp is towards the camp grounds.

Daryl

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Re: Riffe Lake
Reply #1 - 07/03/07 at 05:51:06
Quote Print Post  
Went out to riffe Sat., northend bass was having a tourney this weekend so I just fished around them. Caught about 15-20 smallies most were only a pound, allthough I did manage 3 over 3lbs and a 3 1/2 largemouth. Cool I figure my best 5 would go 13 1/2lbs give or take. Water temp was 65* and most of the fish came between 8-16 ft. on grubs and lizards.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/03/07 at 14:16:08
Quote Print Post  
I read a report from a kid that fished in the Northend tourny.  He went through 2 props  Undecided hitting floating debris.  OUCH

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/09/07 at 05:22:06
Quote Print Post  
I went out today and took two of my buddies out to Riffe. I managed a 2 pounder and a 1 1/2 and the rest were 10-12 inchers, about 20 of them. Didnt do so well. I am having trouble finding the fish on Riffe when the water is low, the best times when I have fished it, all the flats are underwater. Any advice?

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/09/07 at 19:22:12
Quote Print Post  
Nick,
I have found that on certain days on Riffe, the fish reall wanted a falling bait. They would not hit a bait dragging along the bottom, but they would hit the same bait if it were falling. Once I figured it out, the fish came easy, as I was at the Kosmos road beds, and fishing the first major break. I would cast the bait out, let it hit the bottom, 2 shakes, done. Real it back in. Worked pretty darn good. Up until that point in the day, I was doing the drag and dropshotting with very limited success.
Brian

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/09/07 at 23:31:08
Quote Print Post  
How far out were you, that flat is HUGE. I saw the roadbed and after 8 or so feet it was hard to track.

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #6 - 07/10/07 at 02:04:54
Quote Print Post  
Nick, that roadbed goes out to about 12ft, then drops to 23ft. Was out there with Hos'e Sat., we caught some good fish until the wind cranked up around 10 or so after that we left and went to a smaller lake for a couple hrs. biggest fish was 3lbs or so.

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 07/10/07 at 17:36:56
Quote Print Post  
Wind is one of the keys on this lake most people will leave once the wind kicks up some of my best days on Riffe were when the wind was Blowing bad. The road bed is good and so are all the edges of the creek chanels. I have not been out there but was thinking about hitting it this weekend.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/10/07 at 19:19:57
Quote Print Post  
I hate Riffe Lake.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #9 - 07/10/07 at 19:29:38
Quote Print Post  
I kinda like Riffe and wished we fished there more often.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/10/07 at 21:16:04
Quote Print Post  
Wink

IP Logged

Ripalip
Forum Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - 07/10/07 at 21:29:32
Quote Print Post  
I love Riffe! It keeps you on your game

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #12 - 07/10/07 at 22:03:18
Quote Print Post  
There are no bass in Riffe, right Sarge... Grin

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/26/07 at 01:22:19
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone have reports on the water levels for Riffe? Is it okay to launch at Mossy Rock at this time?

Russ

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #14 - 07/27/07 at 16:52:19
Quote Print Post  
It is about 15ft below full pool. You can launch anywhere but tanabuam park or what ever the name is.

daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo