Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Sammamish Report (Read 8227 times)
Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Re: Lake Sammamish Report
Reply #15 - 06/29/07 at 02:21:17
Quote Print Post  
Fished from 8-2pm and caught six from 1-2.5lbs.  Fish were active hitting topwater and spinnerbait.  I probably could've caught more if I stuck with the pattern, but I decided to try different lures and technique.  I had followers and missed other hits as well.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #16 - 07/06/07 at 03:03:03
Quote Print Post  
My buddy Som and I had our best bass fishing summer day yet.  We've always struggled in the past finding quality fish this time of year, but today was a different day.  We got to the lake at 6:30am and the water temp was hovering around 70.  Clear skies with hardly a breeze.  We started out throwing spinnerbaits and topwater to see if we can get any aggressive fish to bite.  Well that didn't happen.  After an hour we were a little puzzled as to what to do next.  Plan B...I picked up my dropshot rod and tossed it next to a dock that was around 20ft deep.  Still new to dropshotting...I thought I hooked on to some weeds, but a little headshake told me otherwise.  A 2.8lb smallmouth was the first victim.  That got me going and 5 minutes a later...another one.  The very next cast...BAM! another one.  3 in a matter of minutes.  So that was the pattern of the day.  I ended up catching 7 and Som boated 3 and lost one at the boat.  All the fish were caught around 20-25ft.  We even messed around with a bunch of 8-9" perch when the smallmouth bite was slow.  Som caught the last fish at 2pm and that's when we called it a day.  The best 5 went around 13lbs with a 2lber being the smallest if you don't count the other dinks we caught.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/06/07 at 17:22:16
Quote Print Post  
Y2,

Isn't nice to have a great day on the lake. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

About that top water bite-Lake Sam has never produced a top water bite ever for me, so I just gave up on that and stuck to jerk baits and drop shot/grubs.

Now other lakes for topwater like Roosevelt,Banks,Whatcom,Chelan for smallies are real good.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #18 - 07/06/07 at 18:39:06
Quote Print Post  
Nice Job Says'....... looks like you are puttin some patterns together nicely!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!
I am going out to Wash. this afternoon with the grandson of a friend...should be a zoo but the fish should cooperate.
Plus it is the first tow for the new rig! Grin

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #19 - 07/07/07 at 00:17:28
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Y2,

About that top water bite-Lake Sam has never produced a top water bite ever for me, so I just gave up on that and stuck to jerk baits and drop shot/grubs.

Russ

I was targeting largies up north around the pads.  The week before I stuck a 2.5lb smallie on a popper on Lake Sam.  I need to get on some largies.  It seems like even when I'm targeting them, I'm catching smallmouths.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #20 - 08/03/07 at 22:33:11
Quote Print Post  
Fished Sammamish on the way back from Chelan from 12-4pm and I caught 5 from just under 2lbs to 3.5lbs.  My friend caught one that went 1.6lbs.  Of course there were a bunch of dinks and perch as well.  Fish were caught from 20-35ft off shore.  

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #21 - 11/04/07 at 20:28:21
Quote Print Post  
Fished Sammamish with Susan and my friend Kyle yesterday.  We fished the far side, to the left, near Wolsky's area.  We found a TON of clutter on the screen and dropped the camera and found tons of perch, they were all over 30-50 ft, but we were catching them on the bottom.  We started catching them on drop shot sniper baits, then cut up a small one and used perch meat.  The bites on the perch meat were very noticeable  Shocked  We saw a Ranger boat fishing 100 yards down shore so when he left we moved over there, and More perch.  We brought home 16 of them, all close to 12 inches.  If you want some perch, hit Sam now.  We would have went for more bass, but this time of year, anything bending a rod is fun  Embarrassed

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 11/05/07 at 05:49:54
Quote Print Post  
Are there any health warnings on perch from Sammamish like there are on Lake WA?

Stu

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #23 - 11/05/07 at 06:10:17
Quote Print Post  
That I am unsure of Stu.  I usually give the perch to my dad, but since we caught so many, I ate 3 tonight.  If you only eat a meal of fish once a week it is supposed to be ok from what I understand.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 11/05/07 at 06:18:58
Quote Print Post  
There are not any official perch advisories on Lake Sammamish, but if the Dept. of Health has not checked fish from Sammamish, I would guess that the contaminant levels would be similar to Lake Washington.

See the link below for Lake Washington consumption levels:
http://www.doh.wa.gov/ehp/oehas/fish/conadvicefull.htm#Lake%20Washington

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 11/05/07 at 14:18:18
Quote Print Post  
It seems mercury poisoning is fairly common.  What is/was the source of this mercury?

JW

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #26 - 11/05/07 at 16:51:35
Quote Print Post  
Mercury Poisoning is what forced me to buy a Ford!!!! Grin

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 11/05/07 at 17:34:38
Quote Print Post  
I'm not an expert on mercury pollution, but my understanding is that there is a basic level of mercury naturally present in the environment, and we add greater amounts of mercury through different industrial processes. This mercury falls out from the atmosphere and enters lakes, where molecules are either absorbed by an organism or chemical compound, or they settle on the bottom. The largest source of mercury in the atmosphere right now comes from coal combustion, but in the past gold mining has been a big contributor.

Chris

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 02/05/08 at 00:59:28
Quote Print Post  
Headed out to Sammamish tomorrow.  Anyone interested in going, give me a call.
206 719 6111

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo