Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Sammamish Report (Read 8224 times)
Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Lake Sammamish Report
05/16/07 at 03:33:21
Quote Print Post  
I went out to Sammamish on Sat. Afternoon with my mom. We saw Chris on the way out, and we got to experience some less than experienced pleasure boaters drop off their boat halfway onto the concrete. 

Total count was 3 Smallmouth, all in about 10 feet or so on docks, dropshotting a KGM Slinky in Pearl with black and gold flake. Noticed the salmon smolt are also in the lake right now, saw one school, that was it. Caught them off the deeper corner of docks. Biggest one went around 3 pound and the others about 2 lbs.

For my mom, this time she caught more docks than fish, she hooked 4 docks and no fish for this outing, but she is getting better and getting ready for the JAMBOREEE!!!!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sammamish Report
Reply #1 - 05/25/07 at 15:01:38
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sammamish on Monday with DJ from West Coast Custom Tackle and Mike from WashingtonLakes.com.  Mike brought his video camera equip to film the action.  Monday was cool and cloudy and I wasn't sure there would be many smallies left on the bed.  The water was dead calm and made sight fishing a breeze.  To my delight, there were still alot of smallies and largies on beds.  Mike quickly realized when DJ or myself said " Hey there's a bed with a fish on it." That he needed to get the camera out and rolling fast.  We managed 12 or so fish for 5 hrs of fishing with best 5 going around 13.5 lbs.  Most were taken on white colored baits.  DJ's western ring fry, or fluke did the job.  When Mike gets the video editted I will try to bring in a copy for the club to see and have you all make fun of me and DJ.

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 05/25/07 at 19:19:52
Quote Print Post  
I read that report on WA lakes.  Sounded like a great time.  Can't wait for Mike to get the video online. Smiley

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 05/25/07 at 21:53:32
Quote Print Post  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #4 - 05/26/07 at 01:53:43
Quote Print Post  
Man...I should've gone there instead of Meridian yesterday. Cry  I caught one fish on a bed and saw a monster bass that was probably 8-10lbs cruising.  My buddy at first thought it was a carp.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/26/07 at 02:28:00
Quote Print Post  
I'm taking the family to Sammamish on Monday, in case anyone wants to meet up. We probaby won't launch until about 8 am.

Stu

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 05/26/07 at 02:53:27
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mark, it was a cool video until you took your hat off! Shocked Grin

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/26/07 at 22:32:56
Quote Print Post  
See that's what I am talking about.  Cmon guys take your best shots.  Geez, Terry, a bald joke is the best you can come up with??  Grin

Mark

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/29/07 at 03:23:15
Quote Print Post  
Our family has a nice leisurely fishing day at Sammamish. We began with a 8 am breakfast at Denny's in Issaquah and hit the water about 9:45 am, fishing the docks north of the sunken forest.

Katie caught a 1 3/4 lb smallie on a Tiny-T spinnerbait about 20 minutes into fishing. She just learned to cast last night - and it turns out she's good at it. She said that the reason she didn't like fishing the other times we went was that she got bored because she only got to reel in. She casted that spinnerbait for about 1 1/2 hours before she switched to a worm because she got tired.

Ryan spent a good 40 minutes working a bed and caught a solid 3 lb smallie that he is going to turn in on a greenslip. It was his first bass over 1 lb - and I finally got to see that excitement that I have been waiting for in him that comes from catching your first big bass.

We let the kids run the boat for awhile and were off the lake by 12:45 pm. Finally, a perfect day of fishing WITH the family, and hearing my son say that this was his favorite day of fishing ever.

Priceless...

Stu

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 05/29/07 at 05:04:48
Quote Print Post  
Great job Stu and fam !!

IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/29/07 at 20:30:56
Quote Print Post  
thats what its all about stu priceless moments as for me i spent the day cleaning sand out of my boat from potholes and changing an impeller....hitting a dune at those speeds ....pricleess Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/29/07 at 20:33:33
Quote Print Post  
That sounds awesome, Stu.  Smiley

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #12 - 06/02/07 at 03:27:04
Quote Print Post  
Sight fish for some fish with my buddy yesterday and I landed 5 smallies between 1.7-3.1lbs and my buddy landed a smallie and largie both at 2.7lbs.  He also caught a few nice crappie as well.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/03/07 at 02:05:43
Quote Print Post  
Ernest and myself fished Sammamish from about 5:30 to 1:30. We managed 7 SM and 1 pot bellied 4lb LM. The water was rough all day from all the ski boats. Made skipping plastics tough. The LM  was cought on a white spinnerbait.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/25/07 at 02:24:58
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sammamish on Wednesday with my Dad.  Had beautiful weather and a decent bite.  Fished from 8:30 to 1:30 and we got 12 fish with the best 5 going around 14.5 lbs.  Grubs were the ticket.  Today Jose and I fished it in the crappy weather.  The bite was SLOW but steady.  I had 9 fish for the day and Jose got one.  ( better luck next time Jose ).  The good thing was that 6 of my fish were good quality fish with the best 5 going around 15.5 lbs.  Hope the quality sticks around for me come July on the BASS tourney.  Again grubs were the ticket.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo