Normal Topic warden lake fishing? (Read 4329 times)
Troy
Ex Member

warden lake fishing?
05/15/07 at 04:24:18
Quote Print Post  
me and mike are gonna hit up either soda or warden lake when we get over there friday.  i've fished soda but never warden.  anybody know how the fishing is?

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: warden lake fishing?
Reply #1 - 05/15/07 at 18:44:26
Quote Print Post  
Troy,

I hear there is smallies in there.

Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/15/07 at 22:55:53
Quote Print Post  
I wouldn't fish Warden as the state performed a fish kill last year I think. Unless you want a nice trout...yuck. Fish Soda from the dam launch, not the camping area launch. There is some good rock structure and current going into the outflow to the canal. I have boated some nice smallies here. I think it will be much more productive. 

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/15/07 at 23:18:00
Quote Print Post  
I totally agree with Rob. Nothin but Beavers and a bad launch at Warden. At least after dark. Wink Forget the slimmers...

Carlos

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/16/07 at 00:54:29
Quote Print Post  
thats what i was looking for thanks fellas

troy

IP Logged

HOPSING
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/17/07 at 00:30:22
Quote Print Post  
Definitley Soda.
I also agree with the Dam launch.
There is a small flat on the SE end where the smallies will spawn and I have pulled some pretty nice Smallies from there.
If you're careful and have trolling motor to do so, try up by the spillway and literally downstream on the east bank from there.
I have caught both smallies and largies there and even a few 20"+ Walleyes.
Usually on cranks and FB jigs with twin tail 176 grubs.
If I could figure out how to attach pictures, I have a new pic of from Soda last year double fistin' a LG and Sm.
I'm not so good at this computer schitt.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/17/07 at 01:23:17
Quote Print Post  
Ill third Soda. Yes, they do spawn heavily on the s.e end......no need to even launch. Another good spot is the little cove on the northwest corner by the camp ground "not the one by the boat launch, but the one near where the water dumps in". Bring your polorized glasses, because you'll be able to see them down there. There is also a flat directly east of the boat launch at the campground "youll see the little islands".

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo