Normal Topic North Lake - my largest bass ever! (Read 2470 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

North Lake - my largest bass ever!
05/12/07 at 05:19:43
Quote Print Post  
Went out Monday in my little one man pontoon boat to fish North Lake, an electric  motor lake only located on Weyerhauser Rd in Federal Way.  I only found two nests - but the one that had me drooling had a big female being courted by a smaller 2#8 ounce male.  I know that for sure because I caught him three times!!!  I spent an hour trying to get the female to bite but nothing.  I left but decided to come back at the end of the day.

When I returned, the shade now allowed me to hide better along the shore near the nest.  45 minutes later the female finally got ticked at my white bait sitting in her nest and she sucked it up and headed to the edge to spit it out.  I set the hook and she took me and my little pontoon boat for a ride!  When I finally got her to the boat, I realized she was larger than I had thought. 

When I hoisted her in, she weighed 8 lbs 5 ounces!   Was I pysched!  Three trout fishermen came over in their boats in disbelief.  And when I let her go... they though I had lost it!  But I was on a high!   My largest LARGEMOUTH up to this point was 6lbs 14 ounces - so to jump to 8-5 was exciting! 

I'll be spending more time on the little lakes right now because the spawn is just about to heat up!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: North Lake - my largest bass ever!
Reply #1 - 05/12/07 at 05:23:58
Quote Print Post  
NO pics ???   Damn, I want to see that PIG.  I had a fish spin our (at that time) wooden boat around in circles 3 times and snap my line.  Ask my mom about it  Grin Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 05/12/07 at 05:28:44
Quote Print Post  
Fantastic Chuck....I knew there were bigguns in there!! Grin

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/12/07 at 21:39:16
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Chuck. That's a good one for sure.
Mark

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #4 - 05/13/07 at 06:53:07
Quote Print Post  
Chuck,

WOW!  Congrats on the big smallie and your new PB.

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #5 - 05/14/07 at 01:43:09
Quote Print Post  
OUTSTANDING!!  Way to go!! And what a rush that must have been!  Congrats!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/14/07 at 05:23:27
Quote Print Post  
That's cool..... this is turning out to be a good year so far, hopefully more to come. See you at Potholes

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/14/07 at 16:24:47
Quote Print Post  
Great fish, Chuck! I was out on North the weekend before and just caught some small fish. Saw one big lady that wouldn't bite, but it definitely wasn't an 8-5!!!! WHOOO!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo