Normal Topic Morton!!! (Read 2822 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Morton!!!
05/13/07 at 04:31:01
Quote Print Post  
Fished Morton today from 10:30 till 6:30.......counted 11 boats and some very annhibriated Trout Anglers at the launch but....for a moment, I had flashbacks of Black Lake and the "Silver Curse" that has lurked in the shadows...I skipped a senko under a dock....felt the "TapTap" of the Pseudo-Largemouth only to set on a 4+ pound Triploid! Luckily my line broke releasing me from the curse and the very next skip........3+ largemouth!!
WHEWWWWWWW! That was close!
Got another 3+ and a 2-3/4 then...at the launch....just right from the launch side....I see a fin moving and before I can think...I flip my senko on 8lb test to a gravel spot only to have my clock cleaned!!!! spooled me in the trees!....GRRRRRRRRRR...Explative..GRRRRRRRRR.....Explative......]so.....an hour later.........with a baitcaster and a texas lizard....FISH-ON!!!.....oh did I mention I was next to the boat launch where remained a group of annhibriated Trout Anglers.......okay.....The fish jumped and ran for the same spooling tree that was the demise of my spinning rig.....but the 12 pound line and med/heavy rod turned it and it ran for the boat and jumped up against the gunnel.....this drew a round of "Holy &^%$" and "Son (**&^%&*" from the gallery as the fish then sawed off about two full bushels of Lily Pads and into the net. It weighed in at 5 lbs 2 ounces but the fact that it occured in front of a large group made it fell like a 10 pounder!
Will put up pic soon. Larry.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/larfshmn/DCFC0023.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/larfshmn/DCFC0019-0001.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/larfshmn/DCFC0021-1.jpg

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Morton!!!
Reply #1 - 05/13/07 at 04:33:43
Quote Print Post  
That sounds like an awesome day.  Man why didn't I think of Morton.  I spent the day out on Sammamish, only catching a 1 pound smallie.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #2 - 05/13/07 at 06:59:56
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Larry,

Sounds like you a good time today. 

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

WCCT
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/13/07 at 15:03:15
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like you made the right choice in lakes.  Like Chris, I was at Sammamish and only managed one 4.5# largemouth.  Fishing was tough to say the least.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 05/13/07 at 15:44:13
Quote Print Post  
The sad thing was that a homeowner and a guy from Evergreen Bass Club said they saw two guys taking fish off beds and boating them...........I did find two of my fish had red 4/0 hooks in their sides as if they had been snagged...........time to start smakin these guys! Angry

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #5 - 05/13/07 at 17:21:07
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Larry!  Feels like you were fishing a BASS tournament with people cheering huh?  That's how I felt when I caught 5 smallies in a matter of minutes in front of a house thats was being built and all the guys were watching me.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/13/07 at 19:10:51
Quote Print Post  
nicely done.  it's cool to see the looks on peoples faces when this sort of thing happens.  got a 4.12 smallie out of newport shores about a month ago in front of a house having a barbeque, like 15 people going crazy when i let it go  Grin

troy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/13/07 at 20:31:39
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

There's no fish in Morton Wink I will be posting pics of the Potholes fish we caught soon.

Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/14/07 at 19:54:23
Quote Print Post  
Nice pic and story, Larry.  Thanks for taking us along.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo