Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Senko Colors/Manuf's (Read 4574 times)
Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Senko Colors/Manuf's
05/06/07 at 23:49:49
Quote Print Post  
Well, we all know that senko's work, whether it be 4" or 5" and yes, some like it bigger.  However, what are your favorite colors and colors that work here in the Northwest.  Now don't hold back.  Also, list your favorite manufacturer.  I here there are some knock off's (Yamamoto is the original) that are very similiar in weight, salt and fall.  WHO are they and why do you like them?

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Re: Senko Colors/Manuf's
Reply #1 - 05/07/07 at 00:50:19
Quote Print Post  
Wave worms baby tiki stick in honeybun, junebug with a chartreuse tip, and pumpkinseed. Oh did I mention you can get all of these for just 1.50 a pack now at www.wavefishing.com. The reason I prefer wave worms over other brands is because they come scented, and they also make colors/patterns that are far different than any other manufacturer.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/07 at 02:24:04
Quote Print Post  
BPS stick-o's do not fall like senkos, they are too stiff.  Yum dingers I think are the next best thing to Senko's, though I haven't tryed the tiki's.  As for colors, I have an assortment, though the winning Yamamoto color of the 06 Silver lake open seems to be my fav lately, 176 is also great  Tongue

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 05/07/07 at 02:38:12
Quote Print Post  
I like the junebug and color 221.  I'm trying out the strike king zero right now.  Bought them cause they were on sale.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/07/07 at 04:05:38
Quote Print Post  
I prefer 5" Watermelon Senko's for Largies  & Smallies in clear water. In stained water I will throw Junebug or black and Blue.

I found another favorite color but have to keep a secret due to an up and coming Potholes tourney.

Wave worms and Yamamoto's is all I throw.

Good Post Chuck,

Russ

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #5 - 05/07/07 at 04:41:57
Quote Print Post  
For LM I like the 5" and SM 4" Yamamoto Senkos.  My favorite color for LM is watermelon red flake (I think it's number 218).  As for SM I prefer color 176.

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/08/07 at 03:39:56
Quote Print Post  
Y2Says, please let me know especially how you like the Zero's.  I hear they are pretty good but personally haven't tried any.  Also, heard alot of good things about the Tiki also.  Keep the information coming, I like to see things like this and I'm sure it helps alot of club members.  Does anyone worry about Cost?

Chuck P

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/08/07 at 04:23:08
Quote Print Post  
I keep to an assortment of 4 brands, Yamamoto, Ghost Baits G-Stick (IT is the most similar of the bunch to the Senko), KGM Flutter (good for smallies, I have not used them much for LM) and if I pick up a pack here in there I will get the Tiki Sticks or som bulk senkos from a company in Texas (forgot name)

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 05/08/07 at 17:14:25
Quote Print Post  
If you aren't worried about price, buy Senko's.  If you are worried about price, but you want to catch more fish, buy Senko's.   Grin   Those are my 2 cents and I'm stickin too it.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #9 - 05/08/07 at 18:20:53
Quote Print Post  
E-Bay Knock-offs for me!!! 50 for $9.00.....all colors.

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #10 - 05/09/07 at 01:09:15
Quote Print Post  
Whats a Senko? Grin               I use Senkos and Kinami cut tails in the color them fishies tell me too. Pumkin,watermelen, cinnamon,purple, and black all with some type of flake color.

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/09/07 at 02:51:25
Quote Print Post  
Larry, care to name names of your bait of choice in Senko from Ebay?

CP

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/12/07 at 05:44:24
Quote Print Post  
Personally I have not found a color that doesn't work.  I don't think color it a large factor in this bait!  I stick to three groups: dark, light, and tranluscents!  Ex: If dark is working I can switch from dark green to black, to dark blue - doesn't matter.  The way you fish it, and where you fish it are far more important than color.  Personally, color is mostly a head game - someone catches fish on one color and suddenly it it is the magic bait!  Nothing else will do!  After reading all the different colors mentioned above, it's clear it is all about confidence!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo