Normal Topic Lake Whatcom Restrictions ? (Read 925 times)
GotABite
Forum Member

Lake Whatcom Restrictions ?
05/04/07 at 19:04:10
Quote Print Post  
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has been up to Lake Whatcom since they inacted the restrictions on using two stroke outboards last year . I have heard rumors that the city of Bellingham can only enforce this law within the boundaries of the bouys by the launch and all you have to do is use your trolling motor to go out past them. Also that the sheriff hasn't been enforcing it much.  Anyone been up there or know anything ? Thanks

Winners are losers who gave it one more try.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Lake Whatcom Restrictions ?
Reply #1 - 05/04/07 at 19:21:30
Quote Print Post  
Thats what I've heard too, BUT you won't have a problem what so ever, unless its changed since last year.  I'm willing to bet it hasn't.  I've had the top dog fisherman of Bellingham assure me I wouldn't have a problem with my Carb engine, and I didn't.  No police in sight, just a sign at the boat ramp.  Don't even worry about the bouy rumor, start it and go.  Its a fun lake, something different if you haven't fished it before.  Have Fun !!!

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

GotABite
Forum Member

Re: Lake Whatcom Restrictions ?
Reply #2 - 05/04/07 at 20:11:48
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Chris, I use to fish the lake alot but didn't last year because of the new law. I've caught some of my biggest smallies in that lake and want to get back on it.

Winners are losers who gave it one more try.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo