Normal Topic Life Jacket???? (Read 1162 times)
JHenry
Ex Member

Life Jacket????
04/19/07 at 15:41:50
Quote Print Post  
I read on here somewhere that I need to bring my own life jacket to backseat at Silver...Just wanted to be sure that this club is ok with S.O.S.penders type systems...If so I am having my brother ship me my fanny pack type one from Tennessee, Along with another huge box of gear and rod tube....This sure has been an experience trying to get tons of tournament stuff out here to Washington from east Tennessee...But I can't wait to get back out on the water, shoot I even walked the bank of some pond here on post yesterday....Anyways just checking on the life vest!!! See you guys tonight!!!!

Jaret

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Life Jacket????
Reply #1 - 04/19/07 at 15:43:46
Quote Print Post  
JHenry.

SOS work fine. I use one myself. Better than standard life jacket.

Russ

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/07 at 16:49:51
Quote Print Post  
Hi J,

While that life jacket is probably fine for tournaments, you may want to check Coast Guard regulations. I don't think the fannypack style counts as a PFD. I believe it has something to do with the flotation capabilities and not keeping your head above water if you are unconscious. So if you get pulled over and don't have a Coast Guard qualified PFD for each person on board, you might get a ticket.

Chris

IP Logged

JHenry
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/19/07 at 16:59:43
Quote Print Post  
I know my brother wears them in Wal-Mart BFL's and stuff out east, but the laws might be different out here...I'll have him send me a normal ole' cheesy vest just to be on the safe side Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo