Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I'm a recruiter again! (Read 3814 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

I'm a recruiter again!
04/17/07 at 17:26:05
Quote Print Post  
Here is a copy of an e-mail I received from a soldier stationed at Ft. Lewis who would like to attend our meeting this week.  Is there anyone down that way who could meet him somewhere near the post or Spanaway or somewhere else that could give him a carpool ride?
Hey we did pretty well on the last sorry old G.I. we accepted into the club (Who loves ya Mark? Kiss), why not take a chance on another.  Besides he's a southern kid and I need all the allies I can get.

Smitty Wink

Jonathan Henry <tstoutdoors@yahoo.com> 04/17/07 10:08 AM >>>

Thanks for your help, I would love to be at the meeting Thursday night, is there anyone else in the club from down here at Ft. Lewis??? I really need a ride, I have a truck, but not the greatest for any length of a drive, so I desperately need a ride from down this way somewhere, I will gladly pay for gas on the ride to and from the meeting...

Thanks in advance,
Jaret

James Smith <Jsmith@ci.renton.wa.us> wrote:
I may have mistyped my email address.  It is jsmith@ci.renton.wa.us or hit the reply to this message.  I won't be at this address until Monday as it is my workplace.  I'm headed to Silver Lake in Cowlitz County tonight to fish a "T" on Saturday.  
Did you get a chance to visit our club's website at [url=WWW. Westernbassclub.com?]WWW. Westernbassclub.com?[/url]  There are directions and club information there on the main webpaige and a link to our forums.  Drop in and say howdy, I guarantee you'll be warmly greeted.  BTW, the next club meeting is Thursday April 19th at 1900 hrs.  It's our annual swap meet so it should be a great oportunity to meet folks.  It's also the last meeting before our 1st club "T" for the year.  It's a draw "T" which is designed for new members to meet the other folks in the club and fish with them.  If you feel a need to call me, try my cell phone at 253/ 630-5033.  I'll answer or return your call if you leave a message.

Smitty

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Re: I'm a recruiter again!
Reply #1 - 04/17/07 at 17:48:38
Quote Print Post  
Hey Smitty,

Way to cash a check at Silver, I told you that you would be okay Wink

I am sure someone is driving near there, and Jonathan already said that he would help with gas.

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/17/07 at 18:31:53
Quote Print Post  
I've have spoken with Jaret on the phone and he sounds like a seasoned bass angler.  It would be great to help him out getting him on the water and hangin with fellow bass guys.  I'm sure being aways from home is tough and the chance to meet and mingle with us would really be something he would look forward to.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 04/17/07 at 18:46:40
Quote Print Post  
I would help out but I'm leaving for Tri Cities on Thursday for the BASS Federation tournament. I think the only other person this far south would be Nick and his Mom.
Any other time I would be glad to pick him up and take him.

Daryl

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 04/17/07 at 19:01:51
Quote Print Post  
Well I'd ask you to pick him up Mark, and I'm sure you would like to.  However, I guess the distance from Anbar Province is a bit too far out of the way. Smiley Smiley
Maybe Nick will se this and contact him.  "Nick, "oh Nickolus are you out there?"

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/17/07 at 19:28:07
Quote Print Post  
How about Lyle? I would make the trek to pick him up even though its way out of my way but I'm heading to Potholes thursday afternoon.

Russ

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #6 - 04/18/07 at 00:05:36
Quote Print Post  
He.y I'm in Graham I could take him. Give me a call. 253-846-6993. Any Southern Boy is welcome. * Hooter

SHUT UP AND FISH!!!           I fish because the voices in my head tell me too.
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/18/07 at 02:28:29
Quote Print Post  
I also travel through the Dome area part of Tacoma since I travel from Bangor Submarine base in Silverdale (Hwy3, Hwy16 then I-5 north) if he'd like to meet and hitch a ride from there.  Jaret, where in the SOUTH are you from?  I'm a born and bred Tennessee Volunteer, and that's SOUTHERN, and I am retired ARMY also............Welcome aboard and if you need a ride call me on my cell at 253-797-6240

Chuck

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #8 - 04/18/07 at 14:45:51
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

I would not mind; but, the meeting would be over by the time I got their Angry

Jaret,

I would help you out if I could.  Maybe when I get back, we can get together and I could show you some local places to fish.

Marc F.

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

JHenry
Ex Member

ready to fish!
Reply #9 - 04/18/07 at 19:03:25
Quote Print Post  
Jaret here,
I see a lot of talk about negotiating me a ride and I appreciate it.  I have called nightbasser, but had no answer... so I left a message. hope to see you guys at the meeting tomorow night.

Jaret
PS will i be drawing my partner for silver at the meeting?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #10 - 04/18/07 at 19:14:35
Quote Print Post  
The draw will occur on Saturday and Sunday mornings before fishing starts.....See ya there!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #11 - 04/19/07 at 00:16:46
Quote Print Post  
Playing phone tag with Jaret. Undecided I will get him there soon as we can hook up with a place to meet.          Nightbasser      

IP Logged

Hooter
WBC Member

topwater under a full
moon

Reply #12 - 04/19/07 at 02:26:23
Quote Print Post  
Ok, I finally cought up with Jaret. Will pick him up tomorrow at 6 meeting by 7. Cheesy Grin                Nightbasser

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

I'll drink to that!"

Reply #13 - 04/19/07 at 13:31:06
Quote Print Post  
TEAMWORK!

I like it when a plan comes together, espcially to support An Army of One.

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

JHenry
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/21/07 at 02:56:28
Quote Print Post  
thanks for the help guys, i appreciate everyone taking me in to find me a home so to speak.  i can already tell that being in this bass club is going to help me enjoy the time i have here, more so than i have anyway.  big thanks to landy for taking the time to get me to the meeting last night... see you guys on the water next weekend. Smiley
Jaret
aka Faret

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo