Normal Topic Riffe Lake (Read 2348 times)
Hawkeye
Ex Member

Riffe Lake
04/19/07 at 03:19:27
Quote Print Post  
Hey Guys,
I am planning on fishing Riffe Lake next week-end. I have never fished this lake before. Any help on where to fish on this lake would be much appreciated. Also, where is the best place to launch? I was told either Mossyrock or Kosmos. Which end of the lake has the best fishing?

Thanks!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Riffe Lake
Reply #1 - 04/19/07 at 03:30:01
Quote Print Post  
Upstream i believe will be best...The Kosmos launch....if attainable...do'nt know if the water is up yet...usually stays low for snow melt....strait across from the launch at Kosmos is several large gravel flats...the smallies will be feeding on the breaks if they are awake!!! current makes for a different critter so good luck as i have never fished Riffe before June!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/07 at 04:59:36
Quote Print Post  
I'd drive the extra ten hours and hit Clear Lake in CA.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #3 - 04/19/07 at 13:05:46
Quote Print Post  
Good morning "Hawkeye",
  Don't listen to Chris "Sarge",
  He has a REALLY bad taste in his mouth for that lake.  I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that he gave up the Angler of the Year title on that lake needing a single keeper and couldn't get it!  Sad Larry is right on with his post, in my opinion, of course.  As Larry said, directly across from the Kosmos boat launch on the south shore there is a "stump field" on a HUGE gravel flat with shoreling breaks that "step down" in increments of about 5 feet or so due to wave action.  The fishys have got to be on one of these "breaks" but I doubt they'll be up on the flat yet.  Don't let "Sarge" scare you off that pond!  There are some beautiful fish in that lake and when good, the numbers are as good as any pond east of us.  Good luck and don't forget to give us a report!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/19/07 at 15:14:13
Quote Print Post  
Prez,

You forgot to tell him that you caught three keepers out of the back of the boat dragging a bait while sitting cross-legged and barefoot.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 04/19/07 at 16:15:11
Quote Print Post  
Sarge,
  I suggest you "keep our little secrets secret". (or I'll tell them about the time you.............)  The story may be continued........ Chris?

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/21/07 at 00:31:43
Quote Print Post  
Stay on the three flats on the side they are referring to. Don't venture out too far. There is tons of good looking stuff with no fish on it in this lake. The big Kosmos flat has creek channels that run through it and the main river channel adjacent to it. Drag baits along these breaks where the rocks are. Just let the wind drift you in. When you get into weeds "if any" then motor back up for another pass. This lake is challenging to say the least. Many hate it, few like it. Good luck. If you have the time......try Clear Lake

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo