Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Fork - Texas (Read 4970 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Lake Fork - Texas
Reply #15 - 04/03/07 at 14:28:29
Quote Print Post  
Geat Job you two,
 Like Rob was saying, "Confidence".  I noticed in the picture, some wind and overcast skies.  Perfect conditions for throwing a reaction bait, (spinnerbait, jerkbait, rat l trap).  Love it when a plan comes together and you get fantastic results.  And I know how you love to  the throw the spinner bug.

Mark

IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/03/07 at 17:41:44
Quote Print Post  
Glen, were you amazed by the number of boats and stumps on Lake Fork. You really don't want to take your own boat down there, unless you like playing bumper pool with all of the stumps. Good job! Nice fish.....
We also have fished it 2 times with a local pro, and got an awakening on the big fish and tactics....
Brian

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/04/07 at 02:24:33
Quote Print Post  
Great job and wow!!!!! Makes us all want to fly out to TEXAS and catch us some big uns. You guys are definately having a great time.  Isn't it nice to smile and laugh and hold that BIG PIG in your HANDS.....  Hope your trip will bring many memories, as it should.  Congrats Grin Grin Grin

Chuck P

IP Logged

Tubetric
Forum Member

The fun of fishing is
the friends you make!!!!!!!!

Reply #18 - 04/04/07 at 02:56:38
Quote Print Post  
That had to be alot of fun to get a total different tipe of fishing and get it on that go to bait. I can only hope that the fish god grants me that wish to fish. Well great job to you and the miss's on the new PB.

&& &&

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #19 - 04/04/07 at 03:05:50
Quote Print Post  
Yes, that was something else!  No matter where we went, we were ALWAYS within eyesight of 8-15 bass boats at any given time. It was unreal!  I'd say 200+ bass boats on that lake during the weekdays, every day! 

Over here, we're used to seeing ski boats at every dock.  There, it's all bass boats with the occasional party barge at every dock.  And every house, farm, and mobile home within 70 miles has at least 1 bass boat in the driveway or yard. Some had several!  It was very common to see trucks pulling bass boats all over the highways all day long, every day.  It was unreal.

Honestly guys, we complain that BASS and FLW don't visit the NW very often, which is tough because we don't get to see the pros like other parts of the country.  But really that's a good thing.  Be thankful salmon and trout rule around here.  We can still find a quiet lake or cove and have it all to ourself all day long.  Even big lakes like Banks or Potholes you'll see maybe 10 - 15 boats all day long.  Over there... it's a lesson in courtesy, sharing, and dealing with the occasional jerk who tries to cut you off or keep you from getting to the shoreline - even when you're moving in BEHIND him (yes, that happened to us).  In fact, after I caught my hawg, the wind drifted me off the spot, which was immediately occupied by a local.  I mean, the guy literally put his trolling motor on high to make sure I couldn't go back - it's nuts!

Try putting 30 bass boats on Lake Morton, or 60 on Sawyer.... now you know what I'm talking about!

I've come away very thankful of the low-profile we have as bass anglers here. 

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/16/07 at 21:58:55
Quote Print Post  
Glenn I experianced that twice over a couple of years back on a trip down to the LA area to fish Castiac. I got there on a Wednesday morning. The launch ramp opened at 7:00 AM. I got to the lake at 6:20 AM I was the 97th boat in line. As we sat there in line at least 30 more boats got in line behind me. Almost every one of those boats were bass fisherman. I have some really cool video from that trip. I stop several times and pan around to show how many boats you can see from where you are fishing. Most places there were at least 5 or 6 boats almost within casting distance of one another. I talked to one of the locals and he said this was nothing you should see it on the weekends. It makes one appreciate the peace and tranquility that you can still find on most of the NW waters here. I remember when I had my first bass boat here back in 1988. I could go out on Saywer and I might see one or maybe two other bass boats in a week if I went everyday. Back in those days I did that frequently. My how times have changed. In the words of Merle Haggard "Are we rollin down hill like a snow ball headded for hell" I often wonder............

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo