Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) On-the-water Boat Show (Read 5492 times)
DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

On-the-water Boat Show
03/08/07 at 15:05:09
Quote Print Post  
Here's an opportunity for those of you who always wondered what a powerfull new bassboat was like to drive and operate.  Huh
Saturday at Coulon Park, Stratos & Ranger boats,(divisions of Genmar Inc.) will have an on the water show beginning at 9 A.M.  Several models of each boat line will be available for test drives and demonstrations.  Cool
This is your opportunity to see and ask questions about the latest in engine technology from Evinrude and Yamaha and to find out if a move to a new hydro-blaster is feaseable. Roll Eyes

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: On-the-water Boat Show
Reply #1 - 03/08/07 at 19:31:27
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

What dealer is sponsoring the event?
Russ

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #2 - 03/09/07 at 00:54:24
Quote Print Post  
Smitty

Anglers will have a 21I and an X2 also. Are you going to be there?

Misunderstood

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/09/07 at 01:18:59
Quote Print Post  
My 21 I will blow that Z-20 out of the water as far as ride, speed,handling. Yeeehaaaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!! Wink
Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 03/09/07 at 14:41:04
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there @ 0800 Mike with two Stratoses, my 200 Pro XL and a new 176 that's been sitting in my garage for a couple of weeks.  Looks like I'll need my gor-tex too. Tongue

Russ this didn't start out as a post to brag about, or deride anyone's particular boat they represent.  Why do you feel it's necessary to try and belittle a Ranger at this point?  Sad   Stating what you feel is factual based upon your perception, has little to do with what the dealers are trying to accomplish.

The event  Saturday is to give anyone who is interested or was moved at the recent sports shows the opportunity to "Ride & Decide" for themselves whether a particular bassboat will work for them based upon their perceptions.

Lets leave the cheap shots and digs for another time or place, and certainly not on this forum please. Embarrassed

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/09/07 at 15:29:50
Quote Print Post  
Smitty,

I didn't belittle The Z-20 . I just stated my opinion. Heck I was going to buy one last year, but the dealer didn't want to trade or respond back to my inquiries.

When dealers start doing what they say they are going to do from the get go I will give them more respect. When dealers actually focus on serving the customer instead of focusing on themselves is when they will see more business.  In fact I spoke to that dealer yesterday who is putting this event on as to why he lost my sale.

If dealers want to accomplish greater sales they need to start listening better to the customers needs,wants, have inventory, and respond in a timely manner to e-mails, phone calls, etc.

Smitty the post was just for fun. Reading my last post as a smear was dead wrong and I/m sorry you took it that way.

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03/10/07 at 00:19:52
Quote Print Post  
For those interested............

The new Nitro Z-9 will be on display there also.  I will be picking her up at Gonnason's and have her down at Coulon till 12:30.  Come on by and take a look  Cool

Mark

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/10/07 at 00:36:52
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Thats cool.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 03/10/07 at 03:47:06
Quote Print Post  
My ProCraft will be at the "On The Water" display at the Fish-in at Long Lake........oh...I too will be utilizing my Gore-Tex.... Wink

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #9 - 03/10/07 at 04:02:13
Quote Print Post  
Let us know if it goes 80 Mark  Cool  They look cool.  They sure do take a bashing on the other boards though.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/10/07 at 04:47:21
Quote Print Post  
Hey Chris,
 I know what you mean.  I have registered with a few boards to get info on dialing my new 911 in.  And most of the discussion has been about the new Z-9's.  Seems everyone has an opinion already.  Wink  Only time will tell, if the the Z-9 lives up to or down to the hype.  All I know, is that it is a good looking boat, it does go fast, and ride real nice.  Unfortunately, I won't be driving her this weekend.   Angry   Insurance issues, and breakin issue's with new motor).   It should be a great time to get out and look at all the great boats there this weekend.  Good time to make up one's mind on what one wants.

Mark

BTW Larry, that was hilarious.  Make sure you have the rubber boots that go over the calf, with all the rain headed our way.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 03/10/07 at 19:37:50
Quote Print Post  
I'll tell you what...that Z-9 is a bad looking ride. What sites have been talking about it? I would like to read what the opinions are.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/10/07 at 21:23:06
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Bass Boat Central. Have read many that bashed the new Z-9. I think it is one sweet looking ride.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 03/11/07 at 01:53:33
Quote Print Post  
Today is SAT. Crap, I am in Seattle at a State Deca Conference and didnt even have internet to find out about this when smitty posted it. You guys can test drive the Legend anytime.

-Nick

IP Logged

Varmint
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/12/07 at 00:03:33
Quote Print Post  
I hesitated about responding here because somebody always seems to get offended so remember, these are just my impressions after driving some boats Saturday. Larry took me out in a 2006 21' Ranger Camanchee with 250 Yamaha. Very heavy feeling boat, trim and jack plate hieght had to be just right or steering was stiff. Motor did not impress me. Lots of bow lift to get out of the hole. None of the storage compartments had the slot system for standard lure boxes. To start this boat I was told you have to hit the start button, a four digit code and then another button. Amazingly, you have to go through a similar sequence to shut her down. I'll take a simple ignition switch any day over this. In Rangers defense, this boat had some maintenance issues. The hot foot would not return unless pulled back with the top of your shoe and the speedometer was not working. Larry could see I was not impressed with this boat and insisted we take a ride in his personal 20' Comanchee with a 225 E-Tech . I was amazed, totally different boat. Feather light steering no matter the trim setting. Hole shot is good but still has a lot of bow lift. The storage compartments make more sense and seem more usable than the 21 footer. Front deck is definatley too small for me though. The E-Tech is shockingly quiet but seems to lack any serious midrange punch. Nice boat, thank you Larry for all your time and information.
Jeff Preister brought a TR21X2 with a Merc 250XS that had never been in the water, just 25 minutes of tank time. Even though I never gave the boat full throttle (remember, not broken in) this motor clearly had more power at any rpm than the other two motors. Jeff had guessed at motor height and prop, he guessed very well. The lack of bow lift on hole shot was amazing, especially considering this boat had zero weight up front. The location of the fuel tank midway in the hull makes a world of difference. Overall handling of the new X2 hull is about as flawless as you can ask for. The adjustable seats are super comfortable and hold you in, no need to grab a handrail. The storage compartments make sense, to me anyway. The console and instruments also seem more logical then other boats. And, I gotta say, the quality of the X2 has no equal. Yeah I know, your saying I drive a Triton now, I'm biased. Well, the X2 is light years ahead of my 98 TR21. That's a no brainer. What suprised me was, as I left the boat ramp Saturday, I realized I would rather have my boat than either of the Rangers I drove. It accelerates harder, handles bettter at any speed under 65 mph and has better storage. What about Stratos or Skeeter? They were well represented at the demo but I just don't find either boat's styling appealing. Those are my opinions, anybody alse want to share?  Smitty, thanks for bringing the demo to my attention, I would have been very unhappy had I missed it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo