Normal Topic steering cylinder leaking....help please (Read 651 times)
Varmint
Ex Member

steering cylinder leaking....help please
03/13/07 at 04:25:31
Quote Print Post  
The Teleflex Seastar cylinder (p/n HC5345) on my Triton is leaking. I see that I can get a seal kit for about $90 from several sources. Anybody have experience doing this reseal? Any special tools needed? What process is required to bleed the system after the reseal? Thanks for any help I can get.... Pat

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Re: steering cylinder leaking....help please
Reply #1 - 03/13/07 at 23:25:46
Quote Print Post  
Hi Pat,

I've never done the reseal, but the bleeding part is relatively easy, especially if there are two people.

When you buy the steering fluid, the bottle has instructions on how to bleed the system. Basically, there is a screw you open up at the engine end of the steering system, and you steer the engine back and forth to work the fluid down into the system. It will bleed out of the screw with some bubbles, and once it becomes smooth-flowing, you top off the system and are good to go. There are probably some more details in there, but the bottle explains the process in detail.

The second person can help by capturing the fluid coming out the screw while you turn the wheel.

If I can do it, you can do it.  Wink

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo