Normal Topic Removing deep hooks (Read 938 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Removing deep hooks
02/26/07 at 18:51:00
Quote Print Post  
I am not sure if this should be on the techniques page but I found a cool tool for removing hooks that are deep. I know there are ways to get them through the gills & I have done that but this seems better. One note when I hook a fish deep I find it best to cut the line & put it in the livewell for 20 min or so then remove the hook & release. This give the fish a chance to recover from the fight & then it is able to with stand the stress of the hook removal.
http://www.dbarb.com/
Check them out let me know what you think. There is a video of them in action on that page.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Removing deep hooks
Reply #1 - 03/02/07 at 04:27:44
Quote Print Post  
I bought one of the D-Barb hook cutters, and immediatly cut up about $5 worth of Owner hooks, to see how the edges held up. This is one fine tool! I have to admit, however, that I've actually used the 69 cent Danielson hook disgorger, and it also works quite decently. The instructions (i.e., none) are not very good, so you'll have to figure out how to work it on your own. Some of youse will never get it to work... Grin  C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo