Normal Topic Daiwa light and tough rods (Read 3015 times)
Thomas N.
Ex Member

Daiwa light and tough rods
02/21/07 at 05:44:31
Quote Print Post  
I was just wondering if anyone ever used the Daiwa Light and Tough series rods? and what you think about them?  Also around the hundred dollar price range what are some good rods?  and what sites or stores could I get them in?
Thanks

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Daiwa light and tough rods
Reply #1 - 02/21/07 at 17:00:55
Quote Print Post  
For the $, there are alot better rods out there than those.  IM-6 blanks, might as well as fish a berkley lightning rod then.  Shocked  For that $ I would look at the Shimano Crucial, All Star Team All Star line, or the Competitor line from Lamiglass.

Just my .02 cents

Mark

Are you still in the market for a boat,  I have dropped the price of mine to 15,500 if you are interested.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/21/07 at 18:51:35
Quote Print Post  
I have a 631MFS-B spinning rod that I bought as a demo rod for about $40. I really like it for the price. It is a great dock skipping rod. But - if you have to pay full price, I agree with Mark's advice.

Chris

IP Logged

Xsftballer
Forum Member

St. Croix Rods Pro Staff,
Anglers Marine Pro Staff

Reply #3 - 02/25/07 at 19:14:31
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mark. I didn't see a "plug" for St Croix in you post?

Misunderstood

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/26/07 at 06:01:37
Quote Print Post  
I would go with the Lamiglas Competitor Series, Its one heck of a rod for $65-85 range, lifetime warranty, Fuji Concept Guides, etc.

Personally the Daiwa L and T Series is a pretty low grade rod for the price.

Find what feels best in your hand. Hit me up to go fishing sometime this month I will let you throw around some Lamiglas Rods.

-Nick

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/26/07 at 15:23:05
Quote Print Post  
Hey Mike,
  No disrespect to St Croix rods, there top of the line stuff is exceptional.  Just not sure how good the Avid series of rods are for the price range that Thomas was looking at.

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/26/07 at 16:06:59
Quote Print Post  
I have never used the Competitor series from Lamiglas, just the upper level stuff.  I was told this by the man himself, one of our recent guest speakers  Wink

"Personally I would stay away from the Competitor Series unless you are on a really tight budget.  These are decent for the money, but they are made overseas (all other Lamiglas rods are made in Woodland, WA) so Lamiglas can offer a budget level rod.  The designs and tapers are good, but the consistent quality control is sometimes lacking on the Competitor Series." 

Now maybe they are better than the rest in the price range, you can make the decision on that.  Now the 4 Lami rods I bought, Cert pro series look great.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #7 - 02/26/07 at 17:44:28
Quote Print Post  
I have 3 Competitor series rods & they all seem great to me. I did snap one last year & it cost me $10 shipping to get it replaced.
I would not say it's the best rod out there but for the $$$ it is. If you need a lot of sensitivity like when fishing deep get the higher end rod.
I also have the Dawia LT in a 6ft I only got it because it was on sale for $25 or $35  at outdoor emporium. I was going to let my kid use it for drop shot but I ended up using it all last year & I got some pigs on that rod A 4.5 SM & a 5.5 SM.
I like it because it is so light that I don't get the wrist fatigue & the tip was ultra sensitive  I was picking up on some real light bites.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Brian
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/02/07 at 06:12:50
Quote Print Post  
The Daiwa rod that I would recommend over a lot of other rods, are the ones that were re-introduced. A lot of the daiwa pro's still use them, even though they could have their pick of the Steez rods....... The rods are the green handle Team Daiwa S Rods. They are nice rods for the price.  Just my 2 cents....
Brian

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo