Normal Topic Which battery? (Read 2230 times)
Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Which battery?
12/30/06 at 03:19:48
Quote Print Post  
I'm looking at replacing my deep cycle batteries with new ones and I was wondering on what brand, size and whatever else you may think of that I should have.  I bought myself a trollbridge to charge the two batteries while my main motor is running so I'm excited about seeing how well it will work.  Any suggestions?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Which battery?
Reply #1 - 12/30/06 at 20:29:12
Quote Print Post  
I personally love my Trogan SC 225's they hold a charge for more than two days and are not too heavy.
Russ

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/30/06 at 21:47:01
Quote Print Post  
I think I need a new starting battery soon. Do you also use Trojans for that? Where is the best place to buy them price-wise?

Stu

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/30/06 at 22:25:18
Quote Print Post  
stu,
they have both starting and deep cycle models.  i got mine at gi joes.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/30/06 at 23:09:30
Quote Print Post  
Yes for both. Get them at Atomic battery in Renton. Cheapest around. They were at our meeting a couple of months ago or so.
Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/30/06 at 23:44:14
Quote Print Post  
Trojans are awesome.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/31/06 at 00:28:15
Quote Print Post  
The three brands that I have confidence in Optima, Trojan, Duralast (Autozone).

IP Logged

champ206
Forum Member

Reply #7 - 12/31/06 at 17:34:21
Quote Print Post  
You can not go wrong with Delco Batteries. In the 2 boats I have owned I have tried Interstate and Delco. The Delco I have used for 5 years each time and gave them to someone to use. Delco batteries  are 2/3's or less the cost. Delco's you do not have to worry about the water because there are a true maintenance free battery and the way they vent do not get corrosion on the terminals. You can not beat Delco for what you get for the price. If you do have a problem there are many shops and stores that sell Delco products.  Stay away for Exciie and the batteries that are relable for stores that are made by Excide.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/08/07 at 05:58:45
Quote Print Post  
Went to atomic batteries and got great service and decided on 2 trojan batteries.  Great price too.  Thanks for your guys' imput.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo