Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Next Fish-In Jan 6 - Lake Washington (Read 7723 times)
Stu
Ex Member

Re: Next Fish-In Jan 6 - Lake Washington
Reply #15 - 01/07/07 at 05:50:45
Quote Print Post  
I think a lot of people didn't go to the fish-in today because they were worried that the monsoon on Friday night would continue through the AM.

I was the only person there at the launch. The lake was calm and beautiful until about 9:30. I caught a 2 lb smallie near Pleasure Point about 20 minutes into fishing on a grub.

Jose joined me at about 10 am, and Ron and Connor and Jim joined us at the north end of Mercer Island around 11. After 9:30 it got pretty windy.

Thanks to all who came out.

We're going to Sammamish for the Feb Fish In. We'll get more creative with Lake selection after that, but it is still winter and February can be very good on Sammy and Washington.

Stu

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/07/07 at 07:13:07
Quote Print Post  
Good to hear you caught one out there Stu......Hope to be there for the Sammamish trip as I am goin stir crazy...especially after my 3 heart attacks watching the game! Wink

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #17 - 01/07/07 at 15:02:12
Quote Print Post  
Hey Stu,
  Good to see you, Jose and Jimmy out there.  We ended up seeing Bill Hill out there later in the afternoon.  Connor and I managed to get two yesterday on the old 1/2 ounce green w/ gold flake tube draggin' it around.  FYI to everyone.  Two weeks ago, I caught 6, last Sunday Shanne and I caught 7 and just a couple yesterday but only 3 of those 16 fish came out of water deeper than 40 ft.  Connor ran the camera quite a bit yesterday and fish were thick in the 25 to 30 ft. range.  That's the depth I've caught them in the past 4 or 5 years.  I only have 3 "good spots" this time of year and they all have a flat 25-30 ft. deep with 50-60 ft. right of "the edge".  Fish the edge, or "drop off" and swim your bait up the edge, from deep to shallow.  The fish are down there, right on the bottom but you have to fish SLOW and HOLD ON to your rod, they hit it like the water temp is 60 degrees.  Good luck "clubbers"!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01/08/07 at 00:20:28
Quote Print Post  
ex-prez if thats not a motivational talk then i dont know what is.

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01/08/07 at 00:38:21
Quote Print Post  
That's some solid info right there, Mr. Ex-Prez!

If you haven't had much luck on Lake Washington in the winter, listen to his advice! I know I've watched him pull fish from his bee-hind while I was in the back of the boat pouting.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #20 - 01/08/07 at 03:29:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Sarge!
  I appreciate the vote of confidence.  I haven't lied about a fish caught yet (but I reserve the right to begin at anytime)!   Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 01/08/07 at 04:46:16
Quote Print Post  
Ex,

Yea sure you haven't lied, stretched the truth,etc. Wink
Your a fisherman, its a given.
Russ

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 01/08/07 at 06:06:53
Quote Print Post  
Darn...haven't checked the site for awhile and I didn't know there was a fish-in this Saturday. Angry  Would have been nice to get out on the water again.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #23 - 01/08/07 at 18:54:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey "Y2",
  You didn't miss much!  Cold, cold and more cold but lunch at Ivars with Connor and Jimmy was good.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo