Normal Topic Where the largemouth go? (Read 3137 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Where the largemouth go?
09/28/06 at 23:41:31
Quote Print Post  
Ok..Here is what happened to me at Moses lake, and let's all learn from the situation. Basically I think I made a bad decision, or you could say I didn't adjust properly. Saturday I fish shallow, super shallow and hook 3, 5 lb class fish, breaking one off. On Sunday I am set to fish shallow and cover as much shallow water as possible and bring 5 more largemouth to the scales.

First thought is the fish will be shallow early since the sun is going to be high and bright, but no bites after 1 1/2 hours. I start thinking it needs to warm up a bit to pull the fish back up.

Then I try again when it is warmer, and the sun is higher. Still no bites. Doing the same thing that produced the day before is now getting me nowhere. Yet some largemouth are brought to the scales.  

So why did my success go down the toilet? I think I know the answer and thought about while out there, but want to hear your thoughts. I should of made the change and didn't.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Where the largemouth go?
Reply #1 - 09/29/06 at 00:55:16
Quote Print Post  
No wind to start out with. But believe the fish moved to docks or close to them. I found myself in the same situation, but did not go with my gut feeling like I did in past wins. Your gut is normally right and I tried to force the issue without listening to what the fish were telling me to do all along.

Russ

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/29/06 at 00:56:02
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

Or maybe it was because you needed to find a lady with a pool!! Wink Wink
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/29/06 at 03:22:41
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
It is because we were fishing on MOSES LAKE!!!

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/30/06 at 03:43:40
Quote Print Post  
Come on clubbers, don't be shy. What you think?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo