Normal Topic Info needed (Read 1309 times)
jwerner
Ex Member

Info needed
08/19/06 at 03:47:40
Quote Print Post  
  Amanda and I are taking the boat for the first time over to Richland.  This will be my first time fishing in E. WA.  Anyone out there willing to help me out with some spots on the Columbia or on Potholes?  I am set up with GOS, so coordinates will be useable.  Feel free to E-mail me firectly - jonwerner3@msn.com   Thank you for your help in advance.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Info needed
Reply #1 - 08/25/06 at 03:18:56
Quote Print Post  
Fish the first point on the left in Caseys Pond with Pointers on the Columbia.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/28/06 at 16:25:01
Quote Print Post  
For Potholes:
Get back in the dunes and find clean sandy banks with any cover. Even simple stickups on a bare sand dune will hold fish. They can be real shallow now so don't be surprised. Find the beaver huts, most will be out of water, but fish the deeper water in front. There are usually sticks still spread out into the deeper water that will hold fish. An orange and brown jig with some chartreuse can be deadly. So are shallow cranks. Morning and afternoon topwater is dynamite around the rocks on the dam. Good luck.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/28/06 at 19:44:21
Quote Print Post  
Just came back from the qualifier and the grass flats down river of the snake in the middle of the river maybe 1 mile are on fire...baby bass and silver black "Pop Rs" are the ticket and when current is flowing you can spend all day with 1 pounders to 3-1/2 pound fish spanking the c$#p out of you baits!
Best top water day for me!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo