Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 2nd Annual "Fish-Inn", BBQ & Campout (Read 5882 times)
Andrea L
WBC Member

2nd Annual "Fish-Inn", BBQ & Campout
07/15/06 at 14:51:23
Quote Print Post  
August 19th & 20th

2nd Annual "Fish-Inn", BBQ & Campout at The Logston's

WBC members and their families are welcome at our place (Eatonville) for a BBQ and campout on Saturday, August 19th.      

Last year we had a great time with fishing, food and fellowship. (Yes, Larry S. the slushy machine will be going!)

We are still working out the details for a morning meeting place & lake for Saturday, August 19th, as well as the lake for Sunday fishing.  Stay tuned

Andrea

PS.  We are classifying this as a Special Event, so it is in addition to the monthly Fish-In that the Weedwalker has organized for Aug 12th at Sammamish.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: 2nd Annual "Fish-Inn", BBQ & Cam
Reply #1 - 07/22/06 at 17:57:16
Quote Print Post  
Just a word....Riffe lake has two clubs with tournaments on that weekend so it might be a bad choice.

IP Logged

Andrea L
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 08/15/06 at 16:16:25
Quote Print Post  
Here are the details for this weekend  Smiley

Saturday – August 19th   
6:30AM - Alder Lake main launch will be the meeting place --  if you are a non-boater you can arrange a back-seat or you can just show up and we will make sure you float.   

2:30PM – To Logston’s to get your “campsite” set-up and get ready for BBQ,  please bring either a sidedish, salad or dessert.  Please also bring your own  beverages, we will have the “slushy” machine running for special drinks. 

5:00PM – BBQ will begin – so if you can’t make the fishing part of the weekend you are welcome to come for the BBQ—just bring either a sidedish, salad or dessert and your own beverages. 

Saturday night – the group will decide where to fish on Sunday morning and time of departure. 

Sunday – August 20th   
Sunday Morning – We (the Logston’s) will provide a hot breakfast for all camper’s and then depart for the lake of choice for another fun day of fishing! 

Last year we had a great time of fishing, food and fellowship around the campfire, we’re hoping for another great group of members to share laughs and stories. 

Please let us know if you plan on attending this event, so we can plan the appropriate amount of food to prepare.  The Logston’s 253 847-0611 or email me on the WBC site.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/06 at 06:28:08
Quote Print Post  
Andrea, I 'll be there... I wouldn't miss it for the world. Last year was a great weekend.

See you at Alder lake on Saturday.

Faz

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/18/06 at 17:52:10
Quote Print Post  
HEY!!!! who else is goin? should be a HOOT! weather is gonna be nice.....no need to go pre-fish Long Lake...save some bucks and go to Alder Lake and the "Club Logston"

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/18/06 at 18:38:44
Quote Print Post  
Looks like I'll be there with my son, Colton and Carlos. His first event with the club. Won't be able to stay the night however.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/18/06 at 20:13:00
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Looks like I'll be there with my son, Colton and Carlos. His first event with the club. Won't be able to stay the night however.

Rob, don't you mean you'll be there with your SONS.     Cheesy

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/18/06 at 23:10:50
Quote Print Post  
Real funny Chris! Ha ha ha...Hey how come we didn't see you last night buddy? BTW I'm up for adoption.

Carlos

Andrea you forgot to add that at 5:15 P.M. Carlos eats his weight in Tri-Tip and stumbles around the rest of the evening bragging about the 8 pounder he missed!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/18/06 at 23:41:21
Quote Print Post  
It was my birthday yesterday and I felt like being lazy around the house and eating some cake  Embarrassed  I hope I didn't miss too much.  I can't remember the last time I missed a meeting.   Undecided
I won't be able to make the Logstons outing either, I have to work under the house for my dad  Sad  I hope everyone has a great time, it was really fun last year.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08/19/06 at 00:28:54
Quote Print Post  
After a Long week of Two-A-Day Freshman FB Practices and no time to fish past 2 weeks. YOU CAN COUNT ME IN!!!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/21/06 at 18:52:57
Quote Print Post  
For those who went elswhere...YOUR LOSS!
great time and thanks again to the Logstons and all who attended for a rib splitting time...for me and Faz...the fishing could have been better,,,(and did for Faz with a nice two pound+ fish with 20 mins left!) but Ted and Brian and Lyle got their boats on fish but me and Faz were still new to the lake...which really needs to go on our tourney selection list for next year!....Great views and looks just like riffe but with more stumps!
Oh.....and I ended the trip with a kicker....Faz and myself stopped for dinner at the Arches in Spanaway and played some Pulltabs....got a one dollar winner with a five dollar investment...played the one dollar winnings and.......$103.00 winner! WhoooooooooHooooooo!

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 08/21/06 at 18:59:24
Quote Print Post  
Thank You Logston's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had one heck of a time. In fact it was Awesome.
I need to get one of them "Pool Bass" for myself, and a MOCHA CHOCOLATE SLUSHIE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!! I am now Addicted to that stuff. Fishing could have been better for me, but its OK. CARLOS was the man though. He ws catching fish all the time!

IT WAS ALOT OF FUN, if you didnt Go This year, make sure you plan for next year!!!!!

Thank You,
            Nick
« Last Edit: 08/22/06 at 23:21:15 by »  

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/22/06 at 00:50:25
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to the Logstons for yet another superb weekend - the Tri-tip was awesome (so was all the food) the Slushies were just phenomenal and the lake really has me intrigued, it looks like one of the "fishiest" lakes I have ever seen.

Some great laughs were had in the evening, and I have a couple of pictures to be posted as soon as I can fugure out how to get them off my phone and onto the website. Larry and I had a tough time locating good Bass, and the one I did get on Sunday was more by accident than design - but we also boated some Perch, a Bullhead and a Crappie.

"props" to Carlos for his catches... he and his brother Eric are also great fun when they get the banter going!!!

Definitely and event for your calendar in future years, and I agree with Larry that this lake looks like a great lake for a Tournament that will keep us more local.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/22/06 at 18:03:14
Quote Print Post  
Many, many THANKS to the Logstons for having us over again last weekend! What a great time we had this year. I will never forget it. Of course the food and drinks were fantastic. And I also want to say thanks for letting us stay in the camper. Good times! Grin

I also want to thank Lyle for showing me around the lake and getting Nick and I on fish both days. What a hoot. I've never caught Largies out of 20 feet till last weekend. Cool! 8) The spinnerbait bite was great all weekend but I got my two biggest on the drop shot and a crankbait!  Grin A lot of fun. By the way I hope your neck is better, I didn't realize it but mine was pretty burnt too. If you didn't show you missed out!

Thank you,
Carlos and Eric

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo