Normal Topic thanks to all members in wbc (Read 1067 times)
oldwbcfamily
Ex Member

thanks to all members in wbc
07/15/06 at 05:04:57
Quote Print Post  
Just wanted to send a thanks to all of you members that keep Western Bass Club alive. My name is Bruce McFie (Rohr). My family has had ties with WBC for many years. Most of  the bassin community has long for gotten the Rohr's, but we have not forgotten  you. It is really nice to see the best and the oldest bass club in the world is doing well and give credit to all of you who have fun and take pride in the club., Granted we all do not live in the n.w. any more, I and my family are sending in our membership info to be part of WBC. Having many fond memories as a kid, we will be long distance members to aid in keeping WBC alive. Have fun ya'all from all the Rohr's. Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Re: thanks to all members in wbc
Reply #1 - 07/15/06 at 05:14:35
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Back!
We have always said that a member of Western never really leaves they just take a piece of the club with them.
Grin

IP Logged

oldwbcfamily
Ex Member

Re: thanks to all members in wbc
Reply #2 - 07/15/06 at 05:37:00
Quote Print Post  
I also wanted to add that my dad, Bill Rohr and I went fishing at silver lake this last weekend (7-8-06/ 7-9-06) I'm sure you all are quite a bit more up to speed than my dad and I are. My family & mom & dad stayed at streaters resort. It sure brought back memories for all of us. We were sad to hear from the owners of their future plans for the resort. One of the owners told me that they eventually plan to sell the house that Lois lived in, the store, the lot behind, the house next to it and basically everything east of the boat ramp. Everything west of the ramp will no longer be available to the public. They plan to keep that property for themselves. Granted it is their property, but needless to say made me sad to lose a place that has so many good memories if it does come to pass. p.s. we did alright in the early a.m.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo