Normal Topic Lake Jackson. (Read 1202 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Lake Jackson.
07/08/06 at 02:18:09
Quote Print Post  
Was invited by a resident to fish lake Jackson near Key Center, a small lake filled with wood and lily pads with very tanic water color and loads of Salamanders/ Newts swimming about. .
Here is how it went......

5:20am launched in Lake Jackson and met with Jean, a friend from one of our local hospitals and we trolled to the north side of the lake where the suface temps were 68 degrees and calm.
5:45 we are throwing Strike King Buzzbaits in chart./white and black.......a 1 lb. largemouth blows up on my black buzz. but fails to engage....quick switch to a senko in green pumpkin and it hits immediately and is boated..; 1). 1lb even.
6:01....another 1 lb fish smacks the black buzzbait and this time I have a trailer hook waiting for him!..; 2).1 lb even.
6:25....Jean gets hooked up with a 1.3 largemouth on a senko and boats it.....3). 1.3 lbs.
7:03....Texas Rigged lizard up against a reed bank gets hammed and a 1.6 largemouth takes off and is quickly boated....4). 1.6 lbs.
7:12....Smoke red flake tube skipped under a branch gets bumped twice and a 1.2 largemouth boated...5). 1.2 lbs.
8:15...sun up ans bite slowing.....we start working a drop-off with lots of wood and a school of approx. 10.000 bass fry that are suspended over the wood and toss a texas rigged lizard through the school and it never hits bottom...6). 1 lb.
8:36....same wood area and it happens......"tap...tap"
set the hook and off to the races with a largemouth at 5+ pounds.......two feet into the air and bumrushes the boat before i could lip her....."DOINK" off she goes......
9 am...breakfast.....
10:14 .....well....after the lost big fish....does it matter?
Total for the day....
12 largemouth.......
biggest boated....1.6 lbs.
best five weight.....7.8lbs
best pattern.....morning / evening pattern of topwaters and texas rigged plastics.
Good launch......electric only.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: Lake Jackson.
Reply #1 - 07/08/06 at 05:13:41
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like a great lake for non-stop action.  Love the day on the lake with a pro format.

IP Logged

jwerner
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/12/06 at 16:32:43
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

After reading your post I went out to Jackson yesterday.  I landed about a dozen, mostly dinks but 5 were int he 1 lb plus, with the largest being 1.5.  Threw G4 camo tubes, double tail grubs and Senkos - black w/  large silver fleck.  All decent fish were caught very tight to overhanging bushes and trees.  Was a nice time except for the rabid dogs on the dock by the overhanging willow tree.   Looked like a great spot, but couldn't fish it much.  The dogs would jump in the water and go after ya!  I was preparing to smack it with my Flippin Stick when it turned away.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/13/06 at 03:01:02
Quote Print Post  
The Dogs are a neighborhood menace...the person I fished with has been trying to get the owners to get them locked up for two years or so.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo