Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) July 1 Fish In - Lake WA (Read 6501 times)
Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: July 1 Fish In - Lake WA
Reply #15 - 07/06/06 at 18:47:50
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Kapowasin in a Bassboat, are you nuts? ??? Shocked
Your asking for trouble there. You couldn't give me a $100 bucks to put my boat on that pond, way too many stumps wider than your bassboat.
Russ

Thats what I was getting too Russ.  I remember trolling for trout YEARS ago on Kapowsin.  I was out in the middle and hit a log and came to a complete stop.  Car toppers only for me.

IP Logged

Nick_Barr
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/06/06 at 23:21:07
Quote Print Post  
Instead of Kapowsin, why dont you guys come down more my way and hit up Black Lake? LOTS of BIG FISH!, not for me though this year, only fished it once this year, mainly because of my mom not being able to drop me off.

BIG FISH! LM and SM for everyone!

IP Logged

The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Reply #17 - 07/07/06 at 01:38:44
Quote Print Post  
First of all, Yes there are a few underwater obstructions at Kapowsin, and I wouldn't suggest for anyone to fire up the big motor unless they had a second person on the front watching for them. Second, why do you think this lake has the big fish that it does? I'd be interested to see what kind of monster Ron H. or Carlos could pull from this "pond". Roll Eyes Dispite the water having a "tea colored stain look" you can still see down 4+ ft.  Black & blues, browns and greens are well known colors on this lake. Wink
« Last Edit: 07/07/06 at 14:53:11 by »  

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/07/06 at 03:24:17
Quote Print Post  
Kudos to Brian, as he got in touch with 3 of the 4 guys who were at the launch Saturday and is setting them up to get out on the water with someone.

He needs to confirm who the 4th guy was, though, so please let Brian (or me) know if you showed up and he hasn't talked to you yet - or if anyone knows who the other person was. My understanding is that he is a newer member and had won a rod at a recent meeting and put a nice Shimano reel on it.

Thanks!
Stu

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/07/06 at 03:34:04
Quote Print Post  
Brian I will be there to challenge this water.....we have all been on Silver and if we can "Crawl" away from that water we can sure get out on Kapowsin.....
JEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!
ARE THESE FISHING BOATS OR BEAUTY PAGENT FLOATS?

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/07/06 at 04:07:35
Quote Print Post  
Lets just say this I stuck a 21 foot Ranger on the stump in front of the ramp by accident one day due to high wind conditions and it took me almost 45 minutes to get it off. A few stumps that is putting it mildly. When you own a $35000 bass rig you don't take chances like that. I am going to Chelan for some real fish. Good luck to all at Kapowisin, just not for me.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 07/07/06 at 14:56:03
Quote Print Post  
I taught Carlos everything he knows about hooking pigs...... Grin

Nice to turn loose the kids and see them succeed on their own.....

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo