Normal Topic Anyone fished Mason Lake? (Read 1226 times)
Chris B.
Ex Member

Anyone fished Mason Lake?
06/23/06 at 15:12:12
Quote Print Post  
Wondering if anyone has fished Mason Lake (mason county) before?  1000 acres, wondering what to expect.  Weedy, rocky, hows it look out there.  My friend has a cabin so going to give it a shot.  I remember years back when all I used to read in fish and hunting news was Mason lake stuff.  Smallies and largies if I remember correctly?  Anyone fish it recently?  Any help would be great.  Thanks

Chris

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Re: Anyone fished Mason Lake?
Reply #1 - 06/23/06 at 16:03:44
Quote Print Post  
I haven't fished it in over 15 years but its a lot like the other lakes in the area.  Docks, weed lines, logs.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #2 - 06/23/06 at 19:15:43
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget the waterturds and ski boats.

Smitty Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/26/06 at 18:41:24
Quote Print Post  
Went out for the weekend with some friends, fished and did some water sports also.  Saturday evening I got a bass in the low to mid 5 lb range, was flopping around on the x-tools so didn't get an accurate weight.  In the dark after taking pics, I went to weigh it again and it SHOOK out of my hand and went back in the lake.  Also sunday morning got a 4-11 largemouth on a senko under a dock. 
My analysis, not worth driving a long distance to fish, but there are some big bass in there.  Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo