Normal Topic Anyone fish Folsom lake? (Read 1319 times)
Shane
Ex Member

Anyone fish Folsom lake?
06/18/06 at 18:42:49
Quote Print Post  
I was wondering if anyone on this forum site fished Folsom lake, because i live walking distance from it and cant pull a single fish out!!  If so, where do you catch them, what time, and what bait?  Thanks

IP Logged

Jack
Ex Member

Re: Anyone fish Folsom lake?
Reply #1 - 06/18/06 at 20:21:13
Quote Print Post  
Shane, I have fished Folsom many times(used to live in roseville). Fish the rip rap on either side of the dam with a small jighead and single tail yamamoto grub (grn or brown). I was there for a week last June, caught no less than 30 per day(spotted bass,biggest 3#) -Jack

IP Logged

Shane
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/18/06 at 22:43:37
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Jack, I always used to fish the south fork but now that i know of a good spot I'll try it out.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/22/06 at 21:46:04
Quote Print Post  
Fished it a number of times about 12yrs ago when I lived in the sacto area.  I always looked for the long points sticking out into the main lake in the late spring thru summer months.  In early spring thru the spawn look for the protected coves and fish secondary points in them.  Always did well with tube baits at this lake and split shot hand pour 4" to 5" worms in blue / silver colors.

Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/23/06 at 05:21:48
Quote Print Post  
Wasn't there an article in last months Bass magazine on Folsom? Maybe it was two to three months ago.
Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo