Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Sawyer (Read 6811 times)
Baslayr
Ex Member

Re: Lake Sawyer
Reply #15 - 07/06/06 at 14:58:01
Quote Print Post  
Rob,
That is true about taking 1-2 hours before they start biting. I've seen it happen at every lake I've ever fished at night. I usually fish for something else or get out well after dark. It's like the fish have to change gears or move to where they are more easily catchable.

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/06/06 at 16:34:03
Quote Print Post  
I guess I am going to have to pay closer attention to where you are fishing next time Says.   Wink 

I was throwing a white spinner around one of the islands after it got really dark.  Seemed like a possibility at the time, but to no avail.  Where is the most likely spot once it gets dark?  Points?  Drop offs?  Maybe the problem is, I don't change my thinking between fishing during the daytime and fishing at night.  ???

-jw

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/06/06 at 18:17:57
Quote Print Post  
I have had good luck in the past using a Black Spinnerbait with a large colorado blade.  Throwing at the bank and slow rolling it back to the boat.  They just hammer it.

BillB

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/06/06 at 18:45:33
Quote Print Post  
Jdub, everything thrown at night should be black, or so I've read over the years.  I haven't had much luck at night, but I'll definetly be night fishing the next full moon it if falls close to a weekend.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/06/06 at 20:51:32
Quote Print Post  
Black is definately the color of choice. Put  bead on texas rigged worms or rattles in your tubes to help.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/14/06 at 06:16:36
Quote Print Post  
My buddy Dan and I went last night around 7-10 and boated some fish.  I caught a 1lber and one around 2-2.5lbs smallie and Dan landed a 2.5lb largemouth along with a number of dinks.  I missed a huge hit that nearly took the rod out of my hands. Angry  I don't know what it is lately, but I've been losing a lot of fishes lately.  Cry

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 07/14/06 at 14:30:43
Quote Print Post  
Sawyer is good on flats and around the docks across from the launch...the point with the deep water docks.
Heddon torpedoes in black with white stripes and chug-bugs work well too...i might have to get over there also.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/23/06 at 20:25:05
Quote Print Post  
Went out yesterday around 6:30-10pm and only landed 2 in the 1-1.5lb range along with some dinks.  Lost a nice largemouth that was around 3lbs at the boat. Angry

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 08/01/06 at 23:03:58
Quote Print Post  
Went out again last night from 7-10:30 with my buddy and I boated a 1lb and 3lb smallie and 2 2lb largies.  This morning took another friend and fishing was much slower except for some dinks.  Then we went to one of my favorite spots and boated a nice 5lb largemouth.  Minutes later my buddy, who is a new to bass fishing, hooked a nice 3-4lb fish.  He had it all the way to the boat and put a little too much pressure on it and broke the 6lb line.

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 08/02/06 at 03:33:46
Quote Print Post  
I have had both great night bites on Sawyer and no bite nights as well. One of the best topwater nights I have ever had (Next to lake Wapatoad a few weeks ago with Baker) was on Sawyer. Launched around 9:30 and did not get a fish until about 12:15 then it was pure pandamonium. Throwing a 5 inch perch pattern jointed floating Rapala. At one point I had a fish in my hand and pitched the Rapala over the side of the boat after I unhooked the fish. Then about a second later SMASH!!!!  Right next to the boat and my rod is heading into the lake. I hand the fish of to my dad and said hold this I am busy as I cranked in another fish. It was crazy like that for about 2 hours. For a while it was a fish on almost every cast you made. They were mostly decent fish as well..... You know what the no bite nights were like ..... We have all had them.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo