Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) High gas Prices (Read 3211 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

High gas Prices
05/04/06 at 14:36:58
Quote Print Post  
Hey anyone interested in starting a bowling club or golf club?? How about Western Bowling Club?? Geez....these prices are going to hurt deep in the pocket this year.

I remember in 2004 when they went up to $2.35 a gallon, I thought that was ridiculous at the Jamboree running around on Banks. I never got to experience $1.50/ gallon much when I had my Nitro. Wish it was that way now......

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Re: High gas Prices
Reply #1 - 05/04/06 at 14:42:01
Quote Print Post  
What is more is what Mobile Exxon reported as profits.  8.4 BILLION last quarter.  EIther way, I am going fishing.  Not letting foreign oil stop me from doing what I love too do.  See you at the pumps and on the pond.  Just call me ol' 4-bucks!!

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/04/06 at 15:57:30
Quote Print Post  
I have just been thinking I know, I know ???, maybe I should write up a grant proposal to study the effects of rising gas prices on the average Bass fisherman.  You know ask for a couple of hundred thousand. 

I would hand out money to you guys and then ask that you keep detailed records of how much time you are able to spend fishing and traveling etc, write it all up with the appropriate graphs and figures.  Then have it printed up and bound for some government agency to put in a file cabinet somewhere never to be read by anyone.

When I see what some of the grant money is going to it makes me wonder.  I would bet Exxon would kick in for this don't you think.

What do you say Sarge, want to help me write this one up?  Could be an automatic Doctorate for both of us!   Grin

BillB

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/04/06 at 16:04:12
Quote Print Post  
I'm in, Bill! Show me the money!

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/06 at 16:04:17
Quote Print Post  
Forget Bowling and Golf I'm putting my cash in on fishing. Nicely put ol' 4 bucks, keep doing what you love. That's what I'm gonna do.

Carlos

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/04/06 at 17:40:11
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, but the weather would never hinder are bowling events, we could drink beer and save gas..... Grin

No money in tackle either.......nice ball and some shoes and your golden. I could get that by selling one Ordella or Loomis rod..
« Last Edit: 05/04/06 at 19:47:21 by »  

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/06 at 18:43:34
Quote Print Post  
I already got shoes, I'll even buy the Ordella of you  Tongue

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/04/06 at 19:47:55
Quote Print Post  
I may actually have one for sale now that you've mentioned it. Let me know if you are interested.

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/04/06 at 21:07:03
Quote Print Post  
If it's that spinning rod Rob your a dead man. Ya know I've had my eye on it sucka!

Carlos

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/04/06 at 23:08:41
Quote Print Post  
Let me know, I need another baitcaster more than I do a spinning.  Let Carlos get it if its a spinning.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/05/06 at 14:33:26
Quote Print Post  
I know Carlos......I wouldn't pass you up the offer. Wanted to see how you would respond.. Wink

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/05/06 at 16:18:34
Quote Print Post  
Ya know I gotta have my O-O-Ordella Dawg! Tongue

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo