Normal Topic spanaway (Read 1584 times)
Chad S.
Ex Member

spanaway
04/27/06 at 13:27:39
Quote Print Post  
Well it's that time of year on spanaway, fished for 3 hours last night. The fish really moved up this past week. I caught 4 smallies between 3-4lbs, and broke one off right at dark (I'll have to go back and catch him tommorow to get my hook back.....hint hint). Fished the usual plastics that piss them off in 3-5ft of water.
c&r chad s.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Ex Member

Re: spanaway
Reply #1 - 04/28/06 at 07:20:20
Quote Print Post  
Might need to give that lake a try.  My buddy have been trying to get me to go out there.

IP Logged

Young_Bass15
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/06 at 04:37:13
Quote Print Post  
What part of the lake do you fish for them smallies if you dont mind me asking..

( ps: and by pissing them off were they spawning lol )

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/29/06 at 04:54:17
Quote Print Post  
Try on the E. side of the lake, the Island isn't bad ether.  For Largies, hit the S. end, especially were the creek dumps in.......... 8)

IP Logged

jwalzer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/15/06 at 18:54:39
Quote Print Post  
Braved Spanaway Sunday afternoon.  Got to the launch around 3:00 and had to wait in a pretty good size line to get the boat in the water.  Once in, there were more jet skis and people just going full bore than I thought possible.  Parking was not exactly easy to find either.

In any case, we actaully found some pretty good smallies hiding up under docks in the 7-10 foot depth range.  I caught three, two that went around 2 lbs, and the third was around 3.5 to 4 lbs.  Tried to get a picture, but the camera was having issues.  Caught all of them on a sinko.  The first one, texas rigged, the last two wacky.  I haven't yet caught a fish on a wacky rigged sinko, but I had a couple used sinkos lying around on the floor of the boat and decided to just give it a try.  Worked like a charm.  I would suggest giving it a try before you throw all of those torn up sinkos out.

-jw

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo