Normal Topic Pre-fishing for the Potholes Open (Read 1631 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Pre-fishing for the Potholes Open
04/17/06 at 15:41:53
Quote Print Post  
Hi gang,
I see everyone is pretty tight lipped this morning.  I fished for 8.5 hours on Saturday and managed a limit of smallies.  I did see enough decent largies, but they were spooky beyond control and I could not get any takers.  Highest water temp for me was 54.4.  It was pretty darn cold for April 15th,  and had a bone-jarring ride to and from the dunes due to the 25+ mph winds, all in all not a bad day Cheesy!!  I am praying every nght that it is calm this week-end.  I would like to see the water temps come up over the week, as that would likely make fishing even better.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Pre-fishing for the Potholes Open
Reply #1 - 04/17/06 at 15:47:49
Quote Print Post  
I got a smallie to go when we stopped and tried for them. We didn't spend much time though and opted for largemouth in the dunes. This was extremely tough however. Stahlman managed one, but that was it between the town of us for 2 days. We saw other fish, but nothing great. I did see a male guarding a bed. He must be the very first one... Smiley

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/18/06 at 04:44:29
Quote Print Post  
It looks like your wish is going to come true Kirk...check out this forecast...71 degrees for both Wednesday and Thursday...  Yahoo!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=otx&zone=waz034&county=wac0...

Bob

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/18/06 at 14:35:56
Quote Print Post  
Bob,

Great forecast. Was kind of getting a little worried, just got back from Bend,Oregon where it was 26 and snowing for the last couple of days.

Yahooooooooooooo
Russ

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/18/06 at 15:21:30
Quote Print Post  
As long as it is not blowing at 30 mph, I can live with anything.  I have been praying that we can all just have a carefree couple of days on the water.  I think that the fishing will be just fine given the weather reports.  The largies seemed really ready to move up and get aggressive, just wishing for good stable weather like the rest of us.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo