Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) NW Tourney Banks 4/8 (Read 3900 times)
basspro
Ex Member

NW Tourney Banks 4/8
03/28/06 at 01:57:00
Quote Print Post  
Any guesses to total weight for a one dayer there? My guess is 13lbs.
Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: NW Tourney Banks 4/8
Reply #1 - 03/28/06 at 02:13:14
Quote Print Post  
Im going with some one just over 14lbs.  That someone will be team Pork and Cheese.  Just need to get one decent ( 3.5 to 4lb'r) to crack that 14 lb mark.  I figure 4 fish at 2.5 lbs to get to around 10lbs and the one kicker to get to the 14lb mark. 

Cheese

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/28/06 at 06:25:46
Quote Print Post  
I would think 14-15 lbs. 15 lbs one day and 13 the next won it at the Frostbite. I don't see why 15 lbs couldn't be caught if it was in November.

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/06/06 at 23:23:07
Quote Print Post  
It took 12.88 last year to win. That was on April 2nd.  Six more days with the decent weather that has been around. I am thinking it may take just a hair more this time around. Closer to 15 pounds I am thinking.

Here is a link to the results from last year....

http://www.nwbass.net/Results%202005%20Banks%204-2.htm

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/07/06 at 14:23:17
Quote Print Post  
Well after seeing the water temp at 40 degress, I am recanting my weight. I think it may be a hair lower. Even though it is later in the year than last year, this year hasn't been as warm. Last year we had a warm late Winter and Spring. This year has been sh*tty. I'd be happy with 10-12 lbs in my boat.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/07/06 at 16:45:25
Quote Print Post  
Looking at the results of last year, and this year's conditions, I am sticking with my weight of right around 14lbs.  Could be 13.75 to 14.25 for the winning.  As usually, if you can get to 11lbs, you will be in some $$$.

Cheese

IP Logged

Carlos
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/07/06 at 17:10:39
Quote Print Post  
Well, I just want to give a shout out to our fellow

clubbers that are going to fish NW this year! Good luck

guys! Have fun and go Pork and Cheese, Mike and

Dave, and Russ and Man w/ a view and anyone else I

missed.

Represent Grin!

Carlos

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/07/06 at 18:00:43
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Carlos. Though I am not a member of Western at this time.  I am on your guys side if I was to have to take sides......I hope all of our group can be competitive and above all be safe.......

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Re: Results for NW Tourney Banks 4/8
Reply #8 - 04/10/06 at 16:23:27
Quote Print Post  
Here is the link to results from Banks, Kudo's to Mike and Dave for finishing in the money.  For convenience here is a link to the results.

http://www.nwbass.net/Results%202006%20Banks%204-8-06.htm

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/10/06 at 16:37:23
Quote Print Post  
Congrats Mike and Dave.  You guys smoked some of the known names.   Grin  Keep it up.

IP Logged

Man_with_a_view
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/10/06 at 17:21:25
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Mike and Dave ! Russ and I found the fishing rather tough and had lots of decent fish chasin our baits but could not figure out how to seal the deal and get em to bite. Good job !

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/10/06 at 20:43:56
Quote Print Post  
Team Pork and Cheese had a great time at the tourney.  After talking with Mike W. and Dave H.  and the Baker bunch, bites were tough to come by.  Both teams struggled to get alot of bites.  Rob and I had plenty of bites.  We caught about 25 fish for the day, just could not get any big fish to go.  We came in with 8.29 lbs.......   Angry Sad Cry  We caught fish from 5 ft to 38 ft deep trying different things to get a few bigger fish to go.  Did manage to catch my first Burbot.  I thought I had hooked into the mother load of a smallie.  Fought just like a big 4lb smallie would.  Got it up by the boat and Rob and I were looking at this thing wondering what it was.  Turned out to be a 5lb burbot.  Sure would have helped it had been a 5lb smallie.  Can't wait for the Washington tourney to redeem ourselves further up the leader board.

Mark

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/11/06 at 03:07:59
Quote Print Post  
Yup,
Was only .55 off my estimated weight. Rich I knew that scale worked.
Russ

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/11/06 at 14:48:26
Quote Print Post  
I want to also congratulate Mike and Dave on their good showing.....b*stards! Just kidding. It goes to show you, don't ever give up. It sounds like they strugglled all day, but kept grinding it out and it paid off. We saw them all day too which is weird. At the weigh-in it doesn't matter how many fish you caught, just how heavy your best 5 went. It ws fun catching fish, but would be more fun taking that check to the bank.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #14 - 04/12/06 at 02:45:49
Quote Print Post  
Good job all who entered.  You're participating in a tough circuit, no doubt.  Kind of awe inspiring having a 100 other boats floating around you. Shocked  I would be there if I had a boat. Angry  Oh well, there's always next year.  Good luck and the T's get better from hear out as the weather gets better and you get into the spawn. Grin.  It'll take close to 18 to cash at Washington and a little over 20 to win.  That is one awesome weigh in and I'll definately be there to watch. 

Terry

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo