Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Okay...lets do this.... (Read 5637 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Okay...lets do this....
04/08/06 at 17:39:48
Quote Print Post  
Alot of Western members have been floating the idea of getting a federation team together and I know its late but....lets do this.
This club has the firepower to go places in the federation..(TBF) and we now have the changes i think we were waiting for..(lowered fees more opportunties) so I would like to propose a forum for a meeting schedule were we could get together to set the team and look at organizing this thing, first qualifier is May 6th-7th on Washington all info can be had at www.wabass.org
I have all the forms printed out and www.flwoutdoors membership is required.
Again....this club has the know how, the firepower and most of all the ability to take the knowledge back to the membership and improve all our skills.
Thanks and look forward to many fishes.
scudman93@aol.com
1-(253) 335-2036

IP Logged

Weedwalker
Ex Member

Re: Okay...lets do this....
Reply #1 - 04/12/06 at 02:22:54
Quote Print Post  
So, what needs to happen to get the ball rolling? ???

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/12/06 at 03:57:00
Quote Print Post  
Just what we are doin now...but all interested have to meet somewhere and get applications filled out...a roster and those interested have to go to flwoutdoors.com and sign up and they will give you a registration number for the application.

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/12/06 at 05:06:47
Quote Print Post  
I'm game Larry!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/12/06 at 15:09:07
Quote Print Post  
I will pass. Have enough tournies to go to now.
Good Luck with this.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/06/06 at 05:21:16
Quote Print Post  
Well, the odds are very good to place in the top ten for points in tommorrows qualifier on lake Washington as there are only 29 boats in the first day!
Paired with Roy VanSlyke and should be an adventure with all the boats on Lake Wa!
Wish us luck as Daryl Snodgrass, Mack Randle and myself go at it!

IP Logged

Bill Brynteson
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/06/06 at 06:34:56
Quote Print Post  
Go get em partner

I know you will do well

BillB

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/07/06 at 03:22:03
Quote Print Post  
Tough Bite!......for some..........
Best weight was 18+ lbs.....
Mack randle got 9th with 14+
Daryl Snodgrass got 10+ and joined the "Flounder Club" after falling off the new boat...will let him tell that one.
I got three fish for 7.68 (2 Smallies 1 Largie)
Boating season issue was not that bad as the wind was the bad guy today.
On to tommorrow and a new boater!
p.s. Wolsky, Hendrickson and Sargent were on the lake too and had similar hardship......and Squawfish!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/08/06 at 17:30:25
Quote Print Post  
Yep - had a tough day out there... 3 smallies, but one did go 4-12 on a dropshot, so no complaints with that guy!

It seems like the fish haven't quite committed to moving up shallow en masee yet. I would've guessed that they would have been on fire last weekend with the week of warm, sunny weather. It should only get better over the next week!

How did Sunday go, Larry?

Chris

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/08/06 at 19:04:38
Quote Print Post  
The fish definately have me confused. We probed some prime spawning areas and came up with nothing. Then we tried some deeper structure and nothing. I got one fish on Sunday in about 5-7 feet that went 3 1/2- 3 3/4 lbs, basically in shallow water. I don't get it. Guys pulling 18 lbs is awesome, I can't even get 5 right now...

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #10 - 05/08/06 at 19:20:42
Quote Print Post  
Well...I didn't know it was a two day tournament so my buddy and I went there at 6:30 am on Sunday and said "WOW" look at all those trailers.  Got on the water and the wind blew my boat like it was a empty pop can.  The 40lb thrust was no match.  Found some calmer areas and the only fish caught was a 1.5lb smallie by my friend.  I think the cold front really affected the bite.  Haven't had a tough day like yesterday for awhile, especially about a week ago I was catching 11-13 fish an outing.  Only fished for 3 hours and saw only 1 fish caught from 6-7 tournament boats that we saw.

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/09/06 at 02:28:00
Quote Print Post  
What a Day!
Sunday was a tough bite especially with the 7ft Rollers!
Ask Walt Rose who sunk his boat near the 520 bridge as both speared several waves and took on too much water!
Winner day two was Hobbs Jr. with over 15 pounds...I fished with Tony Lofranco and caught a largemouth in Husky Bay on a white spinnerbait...(4.22) and Tony switched to my exact color bait and 50 yards later boated a 5.22 smally for big fish and 504 bucks!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........................
Skeeter rode great and Tony is a great driver if anyone gets the chance to fish with him.
Should have gotten a pic of the canals at Newport Shores as it was like a freeway!
20 of the 29 boats were in there most of Sunday!
And a reminder for those fishing the northwest tourney this week........Newport shores is trolling motor only from the bouys all the way in...make sure you ask as if it is not followed access could be by invitation only!
Oh....they sprayed the canals with weed killer on Friday so the bite was difinately off according to those who pre-fished!

IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 05/09/06 at 03:06:17
Quote Print Post  
Larry,  any idea how all of the WBC members placed on the final report?  How did you do?  Sounds if you guys had alot to overcome on Sunday...Good Info

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/09/06 at 04:27:31
Quote Print Post  
NO way, Hobbs Jr? That guys never does good out on Washington. Good for him to finally bring one home!   Tongue

IP Logged

Daryl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 05/09/06 at 18:27:21
Quote Print Post  
Rob

Hobb's one both days last year on Washington in the qualifier with 20lbs to days in a row. Then went to potholes and one the first day.

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo