Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lake Killarney (Read 6237 times)
S._Basser
Ex Member

Re: Lake Killarney
Reply #15 - 03/28/06 at 04:33:51
Quote Print Post  
Many years ago, we had a fish-in on Lk. Sawyer. I had Trevol Mason in my boat, and we got flack from an old lady for fishing in front of her house. My standard answer is "If you think I'm doing something illegal, feel free to call the police. Please do." After that, Trevol tried to be the peacemaker, and asked her what she thought we were harming. Her reply: "You just don't know what goes on around here." She walked right into it. I came back with one I learned from the late & great Larry Gonczy. "I do. Inbreeding, lots of inbreeding." My, did she ever get mad! But she did shut the heck up. 
C&R, Steve

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #16 - 05/10/06 at 17:14:09
Quote Print Post  
Just want to put my 2 cents in here. I called the fish & game last year about gas motors they said NO gas motors reason the oil can leak but also they think that if your electric motor goes out that you will be tempted to fire up the gas to get back in.
If you want to fish quality lakes spend $200 & get a pontoon boat or a small boat its easier to launch & you never have worry.
I have had home owners yell at me for fishing around there docks. I just move on & say sorry I didn't think I was harming anything. The last thing I think we as bass fishermen want to be know as are confrontaional  jerks you have to think about it this way you don't know were that person is coming from.Someone might have taken stuff off there dock or left hooks snagged on there docks & now there pissed.
Bottom line is if enough home owners get mad on a small lake they can push to close public launch & give up the state stocking the lake with trout. I do see lot of lakes that are private & the home owners pay to stock it.
« Last Edit: 05/10/06 at 19:56:39 by BassAholic »  

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Homelandgirl
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/02/06 at 01:45:43
Quote Print Post  
Hello fellow fisherman,  8)

I grew up on this lake and my parents still reside there for the last 45 years. The Bass are big and they also stock if for trout, which the bass love to feed on. I even caught big catfish there when I was yonger. The lake has three islands , one which is under water until late summer. There is also a sandbar which is about 3 feet deep in late summer. The lake is spring fed . As for motors on Killarney, North and other small lakes around that area- you can only use electric motors, no gas. This lake had some big bass for years and even UW came to study the lake to see why it was one of the best Bass lakes in the state. The surroundings a beautiful and i had a blast growing up on this lake, catching fish and bull frogs.  It isn't that hard to get your boat in and out and well worth the trip.   Cheesy

Enjoy the fishing ! Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo