Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack and Jill (Read 9349 times)
Rob M.
Ex Member

Re: Jack and Jill
Reply #30 - 03/22/06 at 18:50:07
Quote Print Post  
I have been to Vantage once and barely went anywhere and caught good fish. The issue of low fish numbers to me, isn't an issue. It hardley gets pressure and has tons of fish. the temps stay cooler even inJuly and should be good fishing. My vote would be to stay with it and give it a chance.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 03/24/06 at 00:30:51
Quote Print Post  
The last post on this from me would be the concern I have due to the concerts at the gorge.  That is a big show week-end and if ever there was a rough crowd around Vantage, that is the time and they are EVERYWHERE!!  Trust me on this.

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 03/24/06 at 01:37:38
Quote Print Post  
I don't know if the issue is the number of fish at Vantage. I have fished it. I blanked, but I would try it again.

I am picturing camping at Vantage with 500+ parrot heads or Lala Palousees or, god forbid, 50 cent and his hand full of pocket change. I am thinking that the accomidations may be tough on some of the people. Way over east we have a nice campground that has little to no "non fishing parties". People are fairly comfortable with the waters and facilities.

I see Rob's point about not changing it. Some people may want to hit new water so they can experience something new. I think that would be great for a points deal. For this tourney, it should be set aside to show the ladies a good time and catch lots of fish. It's the only tourney that most of the wives participate in.

Mike

IP Logged

Mike_W
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 03/24/06 at 01:40:47
Quote Print Post  
Oh yeah, I forgot. My good friend is the head of Search, Rescue, and RECOVERY(Stu) over there. He says that summer is always their busiest time over there. First body of water with sun. All the Seattle and Bellevue dudes hittin it up. He says there will be hundreds of boats up river were they cannot be seen from the roads. Huge A@# parties.

Maybe we should leave it Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 03/24/06 at 02:40:41
Quote Print Post  
Well that sort of stuff would convince me to go somewhere else. I'm just saying the fishing should be good. If the accomodations will suck (especially for the ladies) then I can agree with a change. I just remember Stu saying he wasn't comfortable with running the boat and the numbers of fish and I don't think that will be an issue. If there are reasons then I have open ears. I love Potholes, but wouldn't mind seeing some new water. Are Banks, Rosy and Potholes the only alternatives?

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 03/24/06 at 06:24:05
Quote Print Post  
Banks was a great treat last year.  Nice place, fisherman friendly people, and fishing was great.  I say Banks.
No disrespect meant to those who like those sorts of gigs, either, I just don't want to deal with them on my precious time off.  Although hanging around 10,000 parrot heads and Jimmy Buffet could be a "buzzin" time.

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #36 - 03/24/06 at 13:39:55
Quote Print Post  
My FINAL thought,
  Thank you Chuck, for not allowing this conversation to be opened up at the meeting.  Nearing it's 4th page now, I think we leave it up to the TD to decide, isn't that why we pay him!  Ha Ha.  Staying up half the night listening to a campground yell about a concert doesn't sound like much fun to me.  Jimmy, GETRDUN!!!!!!!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Dave_Jarrell
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 03/25/06 at 02:02:10
Quote Print Post  
I talked to Jim Rumann (TD) just a bit ago and the lake has been picked.  Ill start a new thread  (Jack and Jill tourneyment ) and relay what he said, incase people arent looking at 4 pages!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo